The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

I'm applying to study at ucl and i was wondering what it's like there ? I'm asian and am really worried about experiencing racism :/ Any advice or tips ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by randombruneian
I'm applying to study at ucl and i was wondering what it's like there ? I'm asian and am really worried about experiencing racism :/ I'm planning on studying urban planning ! Any advice or tips ?

The UCL is a world leading university in one of the most diverse and inclusive citys in the world. Students who get in are intelligent and passionate about their subjects so there will be many people you have things in common with. There have been reports of xenophobia around events like the Brexit referendum but they as a uni seem aware of it and have multiple services available to those who experience it. https://www.ucl.ac.uk/equality-diversity-inclusion/equality-areas/race-equality/racial-and-xenophobic-harassment
Saying that, I believe it's unlikely you will experience anything racist or derogatory, know that most students are entering alone and at the same time so are looking to meeting new people. I hope your application goes well!
University College London, University of London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending