Berkingofocus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My grandson is at catterick where he was training for the paras he has asked to be transferred to the Essex regiment. At present he is in barracks removed from all other soldiers awaiting this transfer. Can you tell me will his training be as hard and will he get any free time he has just completed week 4. Thank you
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your grandson is the best person to ask about training and free time. No-one can answer as you've not actually said what role he is transferring to; the Essex Regiment was disbanded years ago.
Melmatrix
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If what you’re saying is he is leaving para depot and transferring to an infantry.

Then yes the training will be slightly easier but still hard. Paras are all about going fast with lots of weight
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The Essex regiment hasn't existed since 1958. Does he mean the Royal Anglian regiment?

He will have been removed form his platoon because paras think any other regiment are "hats" and lesser beings to them.

The training will be similar, ultimately it's infantry soldiering so there's an emphasis on being fit to fight. There's a heavier focus on fitness for the paras, with them preparing to pass P company, but it's not a huge difference.
Last edited by moonkatt; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (265)
57.48%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (62)
13.45%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.41%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (41)
8.89%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.34%

Watched Threads