Can't be bothered to revise

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Last year, I revised every night all evening. This year is a bigger year where I need to actually start revising but I can't be bothered. I'll do my homework but then I'll be too tired to actually revise. Last year I definitely worked too much but I had a break over the summer and thought i was ready to revise each night and follow a revision timetable but there's a lot more homework now and not enough time to do revision and I'm also tired. What can I do to get back into revision? Also how much revision should I be doing as a gcse student? (Just started gcses)
Sharon033
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don’t revise then. And see where that takes u
xoxhavannaxox
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Last year, I revised every night all evening. This year is a bigger year where I need to actually start revising but I can't be bothered. I'll do my homework but then I'll be too tired to actually revise. Last year I definitely worked too much but I had a break over the summer and thought i was ready to revise each night and follow a revision timetable but there's a lot more homework now and not enough time to do revision and I'm also tired. What can I do to get back into revision? Also how much revision should I be doing as a gcse student? (Just started gcses)
Hi there. I think revision is good but it’s always important to have a balance of your study life and personal life. For me, I’m not a huge study fan either but I have learned to study better by revising with my friends and asking my family for help. Everybody has different commitments and goals so it all depends on whatever works best for you. I hope you manage to find a good plan on how to improve your study motivation - it can be hard, but it’s definitely worth it in the long run. Good luck with your GCSE’s!
TheKira
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why were you revising every night before you even started gcses that's just sad
give yourself a break you don't really need to be doing anything in the first term anyways, just make sure to do all your homework
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheKira)
Why were you revising every night before you even started gcses that's just sad
give yourself a break you don't really need to be doing anything in the first term anyways, just make sure to do all your homework
Thanks for your help. It was for our assessments that our school do every 5 weeks and they determined what options we got so i wanted to make sure i got into the ones i wanted so therefore needed the best grades
Yotta
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
:eek:
ReviseSleeping
This a thread fo u!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by xoxhavannaxox)
Hi there. I think revision is good but it’s always important to have a balance of your study life and personal life. For me, I’m not a huge study fan either but I have learned to study better by revising with my friends and asking my family for help. Everybody has different commitments and goals so it all depends on whatever works best for you. I hope you manage to find a good plan on how to improve your study motivation - it can be hard, but it’s definitely worth it in the long run. Good luck with your GCSE’s!
Aww thank you! That gave me some motivation I think I just need to get back into the swing of things but there seems like a lot that needs to be learnt and only a few years to learn it!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sharon033)
Should I be revising every night then?
ReviseSleeping
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Yotta)
:eek:
ReviseSleeping
This a thread fo u!
PRSOM :rofl:

I was actually chatting to one of my mates earlier about how I cba to revise
Yotta
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ReviseSleeping)
PRSOM :rofl:

I was actually chatting to one of my mates earlier about how I cba to revise
🤣🤣 trusss

So now u gon be sleeping not revising, dayumm 😱
xoxhavannaxox
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Aww thank you! That gave me some motivation I think I just need to get back into the swing of things but there seems like a lot that needs to be learnt and only a few years to learn it!
No problem! I’m glad I could help in some way. Yeah just don’t give up whatever you do. As I said, it’s not easy but it’s worth it!! 😊
xoxhavannaxox
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No problem - I am glad I could help in some way! Yes it may be a difficult journey but you will get through it. Just don’t give up 😊
Last edited by xoxhavannaxox; 4 weeks ago
cleveranimal56
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sharon033)
Speaking from experience? Don't have to be so insolent do you?
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s about reestablishing a rhythm. Make a gentle plan to resume and have the self discipline to follow it. You know it makes sense
t0897
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you should only focus on things you need to revise since you dont have much time left, I would create a reward system to motivate yourself e.g. 1hr and 30 mins of revising a hard topic -> watching 1 ep/going cycling
niallsearwax
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
during lockdown i stopped working as hard as i used to and my grades fell by the time we came back to school, so just don’t fall behind in the work that you’ve been set at least (as in, do the work you’ve been given exactly as how you’ve been told without cheating or giving yourself too long of free time - keep it balanced).
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What could you possibly be revising when you haven't even learnt the material yet?
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't revise too much on homework nights. Its unlikely to go in anyway if you've had a long day at school and still learning the content, especially if you're doing homework (probably about the content).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (181)
55.52%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (45)
13.8%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (36)
11.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed