The Student Room Group

Oxbridge medicine

What kind of extracurriculars and super curricular do I need to do to get into oxbridge? I’m in year 12 and I volunteer at a charity shop that’s it.
Original post by gg_ssrocks11
What kind of extracurriculars and super curricular do I need to do to get into oxbridge? I’m in year 12 and I volunteer at a charity shop that’s it.

Try a care home
Original post by paroh66331
Try a care home

I prolly will thank you but what about super curricular xx

Medicine is one of the few subjects for which extracurriculars can be useful but generally for Oxbridge it may be worth focusing on supercurriculars
Reply 4

Volunteering at a care home would be super curricular, interacting with senior residents who may have healthcare needs, feeding and personal care tasks etc
Original post by asclepeion
Volunteering at a care home would be super curricular, interacting with senior residents who may have healthcare needs, feeding and personal care tasks etc

is one enough or do I need to do other things. Like I am ready to but idk what to acc do
Original post by melancollege
Medicine is one of the few subjects for which extracurriculars can be useful but generally for Oxbridge it may be worth focusing on supercurriculars

what kind of supercurriculars tho because idk which actual ones x
There's this Instagram page that's really useful DM them and ask. They have a student that will be a first-year Oxford student in October. Their Instagram page is: https://www.instagram.com/edify_learning/
what kind of supercurriculars tho because idk which actual ones x

Biology and Chemistry Olympiads and competitions? Reading into Medicine (perhaps check recommended reading) and importantly, if you can, work experience

These are just ideas but there are many things you can do, provided you can link them to necessary skills etc :smile:

Hi,
Maybe look out for essay competitions throughout the year, Oxford themselves run some, as do Cambridge. Does your school offer the HE+ programme?
The University of Groningen offer webclasses, one in medicine which is really good. Next one should start in November I think.
Read books around an area of medicine you're interested in is a very good idea too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending