robin1123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Trying to decide between a business and a math degree. Math will look good on the cv, but I plan on starting things on my own as early as uni, so a business degree can possibly help me in that regard seeking expert help from academics and also when I it comes to networking I think. I'm guessing here, I don't know how business schools work.

Thoughts?
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You have Math as your other choice. Why? Is it because you like Math and are good at it? You should do a course that you really like? Because you will enjoy and more likely to excel in it too. Why are you also considering Business? You are thinking in terms of a career? No degree can prepare you fully for any career. The best thing you can get out of a degree is education, not training. A degree is Math or Business will educate you on how to think and navigate the issues you will come across in your career. Sometimes, there may be tools you can use later, but most of the time, it is the education that matters more, teaching you HOW to think. In any case, there are also degrees which cover both Math and Business. Have you looked around?
magic12th
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could always look into doin a joint degree If you can't decide.
Pearson Business School Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I am a student at Pearson College London, I chose this business school as they have great networking opportunities, from start-ups to big-name companies. This is because they host industry events through their industries partners. They also do guaranteed internships (subject to eligibility criteria). They help you build your employability skills through their talent development programmes. Previously, our students have pitched to Salesforce, met the directors of Direct Line Group and presented to the CEO of Unilever. So there are plenty of networking opportunities for students.

Hope that helps
Rhianna
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (125)
86.81%
No (19)
13.19%

Watched Threads