Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do I really need to use past papers to get grade 6 , 7,8
Last edited by ZALAB; 1 month ago

summerbirdreads
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
past papers are one of the best forms of revision, so i'd really recommend you do them especially if you want 8's
ZALAB
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
past papers are one of the best forms of revision, so i'd really recommend you do them especially if you want 8's
I will do them but i don't know when to start using it
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZALAB)
Do I really need to use past papers to get grade 6 , 7,8
Yes
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wait until a bit closer to the time before using them. But basically, you need to actively practice your subjects. You shouldn't just be reading over notes. This can include going through workbooks (you might be able to get one for your exam board) or question packs online. It's especially important that you're able to put things in your own words.
summerbirdreads
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZALAB)
I did them in the last 4 months of year 11
Last edited by summerbirdreads; 1 month ago
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZALAB)

Getting 999 in triple science definitely was due to me practicing from past papers; the questions are repeated each year and it’s very important you get into the examiners head so you can get 90%

I’d recommend you start progressing onto them when you think you’re alright with the topic, start by doing the topic questions. Also, don’t just ‘do’ the topic tests for the sake of it, identify what it is you don’t get and figure out why. Check the mark scheme and really see if you can commit whatever they’re asking of you into memory. Time yourself when doing it as that’s very important so you can see if you improve when you do the next topic test. Reflection is underrated amongst all students and I think its the most important aspects of revision.

If you provide me with your exam board, I can provide you with websites that might be suitable for you.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
ZALAB
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Getting 999 in triple science definitely was due to me practicing from past papers; the questions are repeated each year and it’s very important you get into the examiners head so you can get 90%

I’d recommend you start progressing onto them when you think you’re alright with the topic, start by doing the topic questions. Also, don’t just ‘do’ the topic tests for the sake of it, identify what it is you don’t get and figure out why. Check the mark scheme and really see if you can commit whatever they’re asking of you into memory. Time yourself when doing it as that’s very important so you can see if you improve when you do the next topic test. Reflection is underrated amongst all students and I think its the most important aspects of revision.

If you provide me with your exam board, I can provide you with websites that might be suitable for you.
English:aqa
Maths:edexcel
science:aqa combined science
French:aqa
geography:eduqas
Thank you so much, i really appreciate it.
ZALAB
Rep:
?
I did them in the last 4 months of year 11
Thank you
Thanks
ZALAB
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
Wait until a bit closer to the time before using them. But basically, you need to actively practice your subjects. You shouldn't just be reading over notes. This can include going through workbooks (you might be able to get one for your exam board) or question packs online. It's especially important that you're able to put things in your own words.
Thanks, i am grateful
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZALAB)

English: I used Mr Salles English on YT

Maths: use the text book questions, physics and maths tutor, and mathsgenie

Geography: this was more of just trying to do the questions in the text book, with past papers and try making flashcards.

French: N/A
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZALAB)
Your teacher will guide you - I use old exam questions in my teaching and save the newer ones until nearer the final exam. The papers from 2019 and Nov 2020 are locked - so not available legally to students.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (164)
83.25%
No (33)
16.75%

Watched Threads