The Student Room Group

Foundation year after a year of university?

Ok so, I went to university for a year to do politics and sociology. Got a 2:1 but I have transferred unis wanting to do law but they told me I will have to do a foundation year. Should I try to persuade them as a foundation year is somewhat ridiculous if I done a year already at university and I have proved myself?
Original post by julen
Ok so, I went to university for a year to do politics and sociology. Got a 2:1 but I have transferred unis wanting to do law but they told me I will have to do a foundation year. Should I try to persuade them as a foundation year is somewhat ridiculous if I done a year already at university and I have proved myself?

I agree a foundation year does sound ridiculous. Is it that you don't have the A level grades required by that particular uni? I would either take a year out to retake A levels to get better grades or apply to other unis wtih lower entry requirements.
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
I agree a foundation year does sound ridiculous. Is it that you don't have the A level grades required by that particular uni? I would either take a year out to retake A levels to get better grades or apply to other unis wtih lower entry requirements.

Thanks for the advice. I just feel like I will talk to them to just get me through the course as I also have mitigating circumstances. At the end of the day a 2:1 is more valuable than a-levels
Original post by julen
Thanks for the advice. I just feel like I will talk to them to just get me through the course as I also have mitigating circumstances. At the end of the day a 2:1 is more valuable than a-levels

Yeah have a talk with them. And I expect you already know this but you don't need a law degree to become a lawyer so an alternative course is another option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending