Wildean99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I couldn't find a thread for this years applicants so thought I'd make this one.

Maybe we could start by introducing ourselves. This is what they've used for the Cambridge equivalent, except I've taken out grades.

Prospective course:
Nationality:
Current (or last) university:
Current (or last) course:
College preferences:
Other universities you’re applying to:

Feel free to include grades in your introductions if you'd like, but I don't think it's not really as important to know this about each other, unless someone has specific questions about academic profiles. Even then, this could be done privately if people prefer as I don't want people to feel pressure about their grades. Hopefully we can create a nice supportive environment for each other here, so let's get started on introducing ourselves and best of luck with your applications!

(And lastly, if anyone is interested, this is the thread from last year: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6644214).
Last edited by Wildean99; 1 month ago
Wildean99
Rep:
?
Just to kick things off, I'll start by introducing myself.

Prospective course: English (1830-1914) MSt
Nationality: British
Last university: Newcastle University
Last course: English Literature and History BA
College preferences: Lincoln (but am open to most colleges)
Other universities you’re applying to: I've deferred my places at Durham and Leeds. Will also spend sometime looking into other courses this year.

Also, just as some extra background, I graduated from Newcastle University in the summer of 2021, having applied last year to the English (1830-1914) MSt course. On that occasion, I was put on the waiting list and unfortunately did not get a place so I am trying to improve and work on my application to re-apply this year. As a result of this, I also have a bit of experience of the application process already so please feel free to reach out with anyone questions. When I applied to Oxford last year, I didn't know anyone who was doing the same and so I found The Student Room to be a really helpful and supportive environment, finding like-minded people that I could talk to about applying so hopefully this thread will provide a space to do that this year.
ellieflorencee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wildean99)

Other universities you’re applying to: I've deferred my places at Durham and Leeds. Will also spend sometime looking into other courses this year.

Also, just as some extra background, I graduated from Newcastle University in the summer of 2021, having applied last year to the English (1830-1914) MSt course. On that occasion, I was put on the waiting list and unfortunately did not get a place so I am trying to improve and work on my application to re-apply this year. As a result of this, I also have a bit of experience of the application process already so please feel free to reach out with anyone questions. When I applied to Oxford last year, I didn't know anyone who was doing the same and so I found The Student Room to be a really helpful and supportive environment, finding like-minded people that I could talk to about applying so hopefully this thread will provide a space to do that this year.
Hi,
Just wondering- how did you find Newcastle? I want to study geography and thought about doing it there.
Wildean99
Rep:
?
(Original post by ellieflorencee)
Hi,
Just wondering- how did you find Newcastle? I want to study geography and thought about doing it there.
Hi, I'm really happy to hear that you're considering Newcastle - I'll send you a private message to talk about my time there.
EmiEmi999
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Hey there! I’m a third year student at uni of Bristol and is planning to apply to Oxford! I just saw that you were on waiting list? Is it from Oxford? Also, what was your experience as someone who were still in undergrad and alr start applying for masters in Oxford (which is very competitive).
Wildean99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by EmiEmi999)
Hey there! I’m a third year student at uni of Bristol and is planning to apply to Oxford! I just saw that you were on waiting list? Is it from Oxford? Also, what was your experience as someone who were still in undergrad and alr start applying for masters in Oxford (which is very competitive).
Hi, if you don't mind, I'll respond to your questions in a private message as I think it will be easier and then I can answer any follow up questions that you might have as well.
EmiEmi999
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, if you don't mind, I'll respond to your questions in a private message as I think it will be easier and then I can answer any follow up questions that you might have as well.
Thank you! That would be awesome! I’m struggling with the application process so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads