I want to do medicine but don't have the right A Levels.

Watch
weekndd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I did A-Levels in Religious Studies, Business, and History and I am currently on a gap year and am holding an offer for accounting. However, I really want to do medicine and I came to this realisation at the start of year 13 when I was applying for university but I thought it was impossible to get into medicine without science A Levels. However, I then came across the medicine foundation year for a non-science background at the uni of Manchester which required AAA however I only got BBB so I unfortunately cannot apply for the course.
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by weekndd)
I did A-Levels in Religious Studies, Business, and History and I am currently on a gap year and am holding an offer for accounting. However, I really want to do medicine and I came to this realisation at the start of year 13 when I was applying for university but I thought it was impossible to get into medicine without science A Levels. However, I then came across the medicine foundation year for a non-science background at the uni of Manchester which required AAA however I only got BBB so I unfortunately cannot apply for the course.
Then start 3 new A levels, including chem and bio and achieve AAA and you can apply.
Pretty much all med schools require at least AAA unless contextual and all bar 3 courses require science A levels
weekndd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Then start 3 new A levels, including chem and bio and achieve AAA and you can apply.
Pretty much all med schools require at least AAA unless contextual and all bar 3 courses require science A levels
How would I go about that?
Should I do both biology and chemistry a levels? Or would med schools prefer me to be doing 3 a levels at once?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by weekndd)
Someone is telling lies ..

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...php?p=95904219
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Someone is telling lies ..

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...php?p=95904219
How sad, if that is all they have to entertain themselves in life
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (114)
57.58%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (22)
11.11%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (24)
12.12%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (16)
8.08%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
5.56%

Watched Threads