Can I go to University of Cambridge with one A-level and BTEC Business level 3?

Watch
sampd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am currently studying business BTEC and maths A-level and in my second year. My predicted grades are A* and D*D*D.
15977emily
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I mean, depends what you want to study! What is your BTEC equivalent to in A-Levels?
sampd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 15977emily)
I mean, depends what you want to study! What is your BTEC equivalent to in A-Levels?
business level 3, and I want to study economics
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Without A-level Further Maths you would probably not be hugely competitive even if you did all A-levels. Also the BTEC is a bit of an issue because normally they are primarily assessed by coursework - whereas all degrees at Cambridge are primarily assessed by exam (for which there are no retakes). You present a big question mark for admissions tutors wondering about your ability to deal with an exam based course then, and since it's quite popular as a course you end up being a weaker applicant.
15977emily
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sampd)
business level 3, and I want to study economics
Yes, you’ve told me that. When you signed up to your college it would either say Equivalent to one A-Level or nothing. Is it an extended diploma? Also, like artful_lounger said, Degrees especially at Cambridge are exam based, so you’d need to prove you can cope with exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads