The Student Room Group

Work experience for medicine

Hello, would just like to ask if me doing virtual work experience for medicine is enough to get into med school because of covid. I also worked at a restaurant for 6 months allowing me to enhance communication skills and work with a variety of people etc etc

Thank you for any responses.
Original post by Exciting95135
Hello, would just like to ask if me doing virtual work experience for medicine is enough to get into med school because of covid. I also worked at a restaurant for 6 months allowing me to enhance communication skills and work with a variety of people etc etc

Thank you for any responses.

Unis are definitely understanding of the COVID situation. They do accept virtual work experiences (for the most part). Some unis do ask for a specific no. of work experience hours; you'd have to check each uni's course website to confirm.

Your restaurant work could definitely be helpful as it shows that you've communicated and worked in a public setting with an element of teamwork etc.
It is hard to get work exp in a medical setting and uni's do acknowledge this.
If you're in serious doubt, email each university's admissions email for medicine to confirm :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending