Is it possible for me to cancel my student accommodation

Watch
Bakio98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am 4 days into my student accommodation and I already hate it can I cancel my student accommodation
Something Peach
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bakio98)
I am 4 days into my student accommodation and I already hate it can I cancel my student accommodation
It depends on your accommodation's policy. If you can find someone to take over your tenancy then it's usually possible.
Bakio98
Rep:
?
What if I drop out of the university could I leave
Bakio98
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shushshish)
Yes, just tell them your childish and you're a quitter
Ain’t really got anything to do with being a quitter except I don’t want to be here anymore hasn’t got anything to do with the degree
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ain’t really got anything to do with being a quitter except I don’t want to be here anymore hasn’t got anything to do with the degree
You'd quit uni just because you hate the accom? Just find another place to live. See if you can swap with someone in a different hall, or look into private houses. What is your problem with it exactly?

It's only been a few days, give yourself some time to adjust and see if you can find ways to make things work, rather than just quitting.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You need to check your accommodation agreement. An early decision and if there is demand for places may help too. Get some proper support from your SU
Bakio98
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kogomogo)
You'd quit uni just because you hate the accom? Just find another place to live. See if you can swap with someone in a different hall, or look into private houses. What is your problem with it exactly?

It's only been a few days, give yourself some time to adjust and see if you can find ways to make things work, rather than just quitting.
It’s not really the accommodation it’s more to do with where I am based in I am far from home and wanting to leave at home for practical reasons
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Almost certainly not. You signed a contract, presumably for a year, so you are legally obliged to keep to the terms of that contract. Find what you signed and read what it says, but it usually commits you to a year of payments.
Bakio98
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Almost certainly not. You signed a contract, presumably for a year, so you are legally obliged to keep to the terms of that contract. Find what you signed and read what it says, but it usually commits you to a year of payments.
Even if I leave the university
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Even if I leave the university
Yes, unless the contract you signed was conditional on you being an enrolled student, which is highly unlikely. Is the accommodation a)owned by the uni, b)owned by a company but specifically for students or c) privately owned? if either b or c, then you've virtually no chance of getting your money back, the best is you find someone to replace you. If a, then there is a glimmer of a chance the uni have a waiting list and someone will take it over.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (14)
53.85%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
11.54%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
11.54%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
3.85%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
7.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
11.54%

Watched Threads