Public vs Private Universities in Germany :Which one to Choose?

Watch
Lil_Tunisia
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Public vs Private Universities: Which one to Choose? Specifically in Germany aerospace engineering!
ger_eng
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would always go for the public universtity, they usually rank higher and they cost less. I do not know any private university in the engineering field in Germany that ranks high.
Lil_Tunisia
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ger_eng)
I would always go for the public universtity, they usually rank higher and they cost less. I do not know any private university in the engineering field in Germany that ranks high.
Are you a aerospace engineering? I need more infos in this field!
ger_eng
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lil_Tunisia)
Are you a aerospace engineering? I need more infos in this field!
I am not an aerospace engineer. I am a mechanical engineer, but the aerospace engineering is usually a specialization within the mechanical engineering faculty. Usually, you study mechanical engineering and in your second year you choose a specialization, e.g. aerospace, manufacturing, energy, etc.

If you need more infos, I would suggest you to just write to / call the internationall office of the university you are interested in. They will be able to answer all of your questions.
Lil_Tunisia
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ger_eng)
I am not an aerospace engineer. I am a mechanical engineer, but the aerospace engineering is usually a specialization within the mechanical engineering faculty. Usually, you study mechanical engineering and in your second year you choose a specialization, e.g. aerospace, manufacturing, energy, etc.

If you need more infos, I would suggest you to just write to / call the internationall office of the university you are interested in. They will be able to answer all of your questions.
Any university did you suggest me for this kind of engineering.? ( not privet = less cost / top and best)
And tanks a lot ❤️
appreciated 🤲
Lil_Tunisia
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I think public university are strict to select an international student i mean its hard because They give priority to German students in taking the most seats in university (selective university) even when you had a good marks...? Is it true or not ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads