The Student Room Group

What is the biggest and best piece of advice you have ever been given in your life?

What is the biggest and best piece of advice you have ever been given in your life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xoxhavannaxox

The best advice I've had is - don't be an idiot
(edited 2 years ago)
I have edited your thread title from 'Question' to 'What is the biggest and best piece of advice you have ever been given in your life?'. Hopefully, you will receive more responses. :smile:

The best advice I've been given is 'Just keep going. No matter what.'
(edited 2 years ago)
If it still bothers you after 24hrs, speak about it in 48hrs
Every dead body on Everest was once a highly motivated person.
Reply 5
if you cant decide between 2 things always go for the second option because if the first one was good enough you'd have never had a second option
I'm going to watch this thread and write some of these down; some are surprisingly good and I wouldn't have expected it on an Internet forum :tongue:
“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” - Martin Luther king.

Edit: didn’t realise that somebody else already said this advice.
My justification is that the advice I gave is bigger :tongue:

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 0ptics
“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” - Martin Luther king.

What if you're paralysed?
bilingualism matters
Original post by cleveranimal56
What if you're paralysed?

Not sure how to tackle this pedantry.
Don't be yourself.
'Whatever a man wants in you, always do the opposite'.

No truer words were spoken.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same. From If by Rudyard Kipling.
Things are rarely as good or bad in life as they may seem.
Be careful with your words, they can only be forgiven not forgotten.
Original post by xoxhavannaxox

1. “Treat others the way you want to be treated.”
2. “Never take yourself too seriously, you are not as important as you think you are.”
3. “Everyday is a school day. Dont stop learning.”
4. “Try to live in the present. The past is gone and future is yet to come.”
5. “Life is generally simple, but we choose to complicate it.”
Original post by tayyyphil
'Whatever a man wants in you, always do the opposite'.

No truer words were spoken.

Sounds like a feminist quote.
Never be a borrower or a lender

In reality this isn't always possible, and yes I've had to borrow on occasion in the past when it has been really necessary, but I'm now 37 and aside from my student loan I'm completely debt free. I own my own home outright - I finished paying off my last personal loan this summer. It's like a huge weight off my shoulders.

I've never had a credit card, and I have no intention of ever getting any more loans (like I say with the exception of student loan.)
Don't eat yellow snow.
do not eat brown snow

Quick Reply

Latest