The Student Room Group

Is this right or wrong? Wat should I do?

My mentally ill father, who was a bully when he was young, has to know everything. I grew up, being constantly bullied everyday. After a decade, the bullying became less. Now it's about 1 or 2 times a week.

Everyone knows I'm an aromantic . Even my family knows. When I told my father that I had a friendboy (Not boyfriend!!!), he got angry and told my mum that I had a boyfriend so now my mum keeps putting pressure on me that I have a boyfriend but I actually don't.

My father has to know everything about me which makes me an easier target towards bullying. It pisses me off that my mum always pretends to be nice to me and stop the bullying but she makes ir worse...She tells dad everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. He knows my period cycle, my sexuality, my most hated foods..etc. He doesn't know my age, hobbies, if I have any friends, my plans for the future.
One day, my school accidently gives me a late mark in the car (I go to school very early). My mum recieves a message and then she tells my dad which makes him suspicious, "Are you going with boys?Are you going with boys?Are you going with boys?" he asks me seriously. I say that I don't and never will. Mum doesn't believe me... I tell my parents that I can speak to my head of year myself an sort it out but my dad and mum keep saying "We'll phone the school.We'll phone the school We'll phone the school". I hate that every minor incident or thing they either go to my school or phone the school. I want to sort y things out myself but my parents keep budging their heads in EVERYTHING. I want to sort my own situations by myself.
Reply 1
Just let me know if I didn't explain any parts properly.
To clarify, are your parents very strict about dating? Or do they have issues with you identifying as aromantic? What makes you say you're aromantic?
Reply 3
Original post by xxx0xxxo
To clarify, are your parents very strict about dating? Or do they have issues with you identifying as aromantic? What makes you say you're aromantic?

I have never experienced romantic attention and never will.
My parents are muslims so having boyfriend/crush = death
Ideally, you should get out of there ASAP, they don't respect your privacy nor do they respect you being you. Obviously, I doubt that you can get out of there this instant so my advice would be this:

- reduce the interaction between your parents, only interact when you think they are suspicious of you

- try not to reveal anything about yourself to them. If they coerce or try to get you to reveal information, be straight to the point and be as mundane as you can be. Don’t reveal anything that you think will cause a negative reaction between you and your parents.

- if you can and want to, get a part time job. This is so you have some financial support that you could you to escape there. Judging by your parents, they’ll either interrogate you or make bizarre assumptions about this. Make a convincing lie and if possible, make sure that lie can apply to my second point.

Good luck!
How old are you? :confused:
Reply 6
Original post by 0ptics
Ideally, you should get out of there ASAP, they don't respect your privacy nor do they respect you being you. Obviously, I doubt that you can get out of there this instant so my advice would be this:

- reduce the interaction between your parents, only interact when you think they are suspicious of you

- try not to reveal anything about yourself to them. If they coerce or try to get you to reveal information, be straight to the point and be as mundane as you can be. Don’t reveal anything that you think will cause a negative reaction between you and your parents.

- if you can and want to, get a part time job. This is so you have some financial support that you could you to escape there. Judging by your parents, they’ll either interrogate you or make bizarre assumptions about this. Make a convincing lie and if possible, make sure that lie can apply to my second point.

Good luck!

How do I find a job that pays me?
Original post by londonmyst
How old are you? :confused:

15 1/2

Quick Reply