strsst
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Would I be able to change the amount of maintenance loan I receive for this year?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by strsst)
Would I be able to change the amount of maintenance loan I receive for this year?
Hi!
The answer to your questions depends on whether you applied for the minimum loan or provided paperwork to apply for a higher loan.
If you applied for the higher loan and have been granted your maintenance loan then it is unlikely that you can change the amount as your application and circumstances have been processed and you have been given a maintenance loan based on that assessment.
However, if you only applied for the lower maintenance loan then you can go onto your student finance account and apply for the higher maintenance loan.
To do this, log in to your student finance account and click expand on your application. Click on "change your application", then select "loan amounts" and click on the option to apply for a maintenance loan that's based on your household income.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (239)
57.45%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.74%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11.06%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.65%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.33%

Watched Threads