writing about family in personal statement??

Watch
okidokae
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m writing about why i want to study my course of choice which is childhood studies and I want to write about how the birth of my baby brother (who is 16 years younger than me ) influenced me finding an interest in the children and their development and how I think it’s amazing especially watching and experiencing it first hand,
would that be okay? I’ve seen people say that we should just talk about ourselves but I think this might be a good addition to my PS but I’m not sure
lucyyy12
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by okidokae)
I’m writing about why i want to study my course of choice which is childhood studies and I want to write about how the birth of my baby brother (who is 16 years younger than me ) influenced me finding an interest in the children and their development and how I think it’s amazing especially watching and experiencing it first hand,
would that be okay? I’ve seen people say that we should just talk about ourselves but I think this might be a good addition to my PS but I’m not sure
I applied for primary education and talked about my little sister being born and going through school so I think it’s totally fine to put in. I got into uni too so maybe it helped??? Xx
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You could mention it briefly, but the WHY you are interested is more important than the how
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (265)
57.73%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (61)
13.29%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.46%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (40)
8.71%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed