The Student Room Group

lose weight part time job

Hi, i’m in a really healthy place with food/ fitness/ my weight rn. However, i lift heavy and i want to see my results a bit more so i would like to cut a tiny bit of fat. I eat nutritious foods on the whole but i wouldn’t want to start counting cals as it would be unhealthy for me. I have recently started a job where i’m standing up for 8 extra hours some days. Will this help aid lose some extra fat or does it not really do any anything. Has anyone lost some fat by starting a part time job? It’s not waitressing, i work at a coffee place but i do move while on shift obviously and i hardly sit. Again, i am in a healthy place rn, and this isn’t coming from a toxic mindset i am just curious,Thankyou !
Reply 1
If your job means that you will be burning more calories than you did before, as in before you were sitting down more on a day-to-day basis then yes it can aid you in weight loss. You could also try to eat less calorie-dense foods that fill you up more, e.g oatmeal, legumes, potatoes, lean meat, yoghurt.... There´s no need to count calories and weigh everything out if it will be harmful to you, just make conscious decisions :smile:
Reply 2
Standing, even without moving too much, burns more calories per hour than just sitting, so yeah you'll burn like 200 calories per workday which is almost a light meal or an unhealthy snack.

Quick Reply

Latest