The Student Room Group

my boyfriend needs help, any exp with apprenticeships etc?

hi guys,

my boyfriend has unfortunately failed his foundation year for the second time in a row due to lack of communication from his university (plus not enough passion for the subject from his behalf).

he has already signed a contract for his new university house but unless he gets a job to pay for it, im not sure how that is going to work.

he obviously wants to continue education so i am wondering if anybody knows of any degree apprenticeship opportunities going on at the moment that he can join even though its a little late in the year?

he has already applied for the PCDA, but we are just worried he is going to be left with nothing to do...plus his parents are not aware of the situation either even though i am strongly encouraging him to open up to them but he insists that they will not take it well if he does not have a backup plan in place, hence we have a week or so to find something to do.

thank you for any help.
Hi

Degree Apprenticeship applications typically run alongside UCAS university applications, usually beginning to be advertised in January and applications closing in June/July (from my experience) so it's a bit late to be considering a degree apprenticeship starting this year. You can check the government website for apprenticeship advertisements, and also places like cogentskills.

Hope he finds something suitable
Original post by grey-giraffe
Hi

Degree Apprenticeship applications typically run alongside UCAS university applications, usually beginning to be advertised in January and applications closing in June/July (from my experience) so it's a bit late to be considering a degree apprenticeship starting this year. You can check the government website for apprenticeship advertisements, and also places like cogentskills.

Hope he finds something suitable

hello,

we luckily found a police degree apprenticeship which starts in january so i was hoping to see if there were any similar date starting courses but thank you so much, i shall do that!

thank you, have a good day
You’re probably aware but if it’s a shared student house him living there will mean council tax will need to be paid (possibly at reduced rate) if he does an apprenticeship as it’s counted at being employed rather than a student.

Has he looked on the gov.uk website for apprenticeships? The major companies may offer for start dates in Sept but there are often smaller companies recruiting throughout the year

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending