karen.ashworth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am working with a young man who wishes to be a dentist. English is his second language. He is currently studying a level 2 Health and Social Care Course and taking additionally Biology and English GCSE after passing his functional skills English and Level 1 Health and Social Care with distinction. He has learnt English very quickly and is a diligent and determined student. He passed his maths GCSE at level 4 last year. What route could he take to Dentistry without undertaking A levels please and is there an OU route.Many thanksKaren Ashworth
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The best route without doing A Level is to do either level 3/ triple award BTEC in a relevant subject or a relevant Access course. Not all dental schools accept these.
He will also need to meet minimum GCSE requirements which are typically very competitive.

See the following links for information on GCSE requirements and alternative qualifications for dentistry:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...y-requirements
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...es-to-a-levels
karen.ashworth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thankyou that's really helpful. Just one more question can any of this be done through the OU at all?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by karen.ashworth)
Thankyou that's really helpful. Just one more question can any of this be done through the OU at all?
Dentistry is not offered by the Open University - it’s a course which is limited to less than 20 universities nation-wide.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (114)
57.58%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (22)
11.11%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (24)
12.12%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (16)
8.08%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
5.56%

Watched Threads