The Student Room Group

3.5k sfe

I’m seeing all these people on tiktok and social media getting ridiculous amounts of sfe whilst I’m stuck on 3.5k. My parents earn a lot but that doesn’t mean they’ll support me. I’m commuting for that reason cos Ik if I live out I’ll just suffer financially, and no I don’t want a pt job cos I want to focus on my degree. Being rich is just backfiring. And literally I’m getting 1k a term with a good amount going immediately away to my commute costs.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m seeing all these people on tiktok and social media getting ridiculous amounts of sfe whilst I’m stuck on 3.5k. My parents earn a lot but that doesn’t mean they’ll support me. I’m commuting for that reason cos Ik if I live out I’ll just suffer financially, and no I don’t want a pt job cos I want to focus on my degree. Being rich is just backfiring. And literally I’m getting 1k a term with a good amount going immediately away to my commute costs.

That's a pretty crap situation but to be frank w u that's not the governments fault. Ur parents r just lousy in your opinion bc they won't help u. Tbf u don't have to pay rent (I'm assuming) and u probably have your meals bought for u. There's nothing the government can do bc they need to give it to ppl who acc need it i.e. ppl who aren't rich. Not much u can do about it but ask your parents. Ppl work pt jobs whikst doing their degrees to make ends meet bc they can't afford uni even w sfe loan so be grateful
Unfortunately it's how the system is set up, which many would agree is illogical. As you say it's based on your parent's income, with no regard for their own expenditure or their willingness to support you.

Having said that, I don't know any alternative other than giving every student the maximum loan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending