Me and my boyfriend broke up over something that happened over a year ago

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Sooo.. Me and him have been dating for 9 months now nearly 10. We were close, weve been through a lot together. Sure we have our disagreements and we argue but there's more good than bad. He's always been quite insecure and an overthinker. Basically last year he started liking me and I started liking him but I wasnt fully over my ex yet so I cut it off and it really hurt him.. I said to him I was still talking to my ex just as friends when he was.. Well in love with me and I wasn't. It hurt him really badly and honestly I don't blame him... Its one of my biggest regrets of my life i feel like a horrible person.

Recently he's been acting off... We met on tuesday and it went great it felt like old times then Friday came along and he brought that back up and how he can never trust me and he wish he moved on and never got with me.. This has lasted 4 days now, he hasn't said a word to me all day today. I don't know what set it off but he's really upset and I don't know what to do.. He keeps saying it's over. I don't want to lose him over something that happened a year ago.

I want to fix this but if he's not willing too then this.. Might be it for us.. I understand why he's upset and he can't trust me but I'm not like that anymore and I only want him 😭

It's such a hard situation but I really love him and I want to work through it so please any help would be muchly appreciated I'm running out of options
Abilash K
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any idea why this is coming up now? I can understand the feeling, but surely this ought to have been brought up earlier.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Abilash K)
Any idea why this is coming up now? I can understand the feeling, but surely this ought to have been brought up earlier.
It has been brought up earlier but not like this not a massive argument we just talk through it and fix it within a couple days. I have no clue what brought it up I know he's doing more hours at his work so he could just be tired but I don't know he hasn't said a single word to me all day since he said it's over, I have no idea what brought it up😭
Abilash K
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It has been brought up earlier but not like this not a massive argument we just talk through it and fix it within a couple days. I have no clue what brought it up I know he's doing more hours at his work so he could just be tired but I don't know he hasn't said a single word to me all day since he said it's over, I have no idea what brought it up😭
Perhaps to him, it was never fully 'fixed'. Maybe he had just let it stew inside him and something, probably something trivial, triggered him. I would give him a little space and try to talk when he has a clear head, but maybe that's a bad idea in this situation. I'm not really sure what you ought to do though. You know him best. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (297)
57.23%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (73)
14.07%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.37%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (44)
8.48%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.01%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.85%

Watched Threads