Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have ADHD and it's really bad.
I have executive dysfunction too and it's messing with my life.
I want to get help but I don't know what to do. The GP thinks it's anxiety which I have too but I know for sure this thing I have is definitely worse than anxiety.
I am having a mental break down and I am so lost. I have been suffering this mental crash for 4 and a half years and getting help feels like a chore.
Please help.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 12115)
I have ADHD and it's really bad.
I have executive dysfunction too and it's messing with my life.
I want to get help but I don't know what to do. The GP thinks it's anxiety which I have too but I know for sure this thing I have is definitely worse than anxiety.
I am having a mental break down and I am so lost. I have been suffering this mental crash for 4 and a half years and getting help feels like a chore.
Please help.
Are you still at school?
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Are you still at school?
No not anymore. I am 20.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 12115)
No not anymore. I am 20.
Have you got a formal diagnosis because you can access support until you are 25. What help did the GP suggest?
Rep:
?
Have you got a formal diagnosis because you can access support until you are 25. What help did the GP suggest?
They said I probably have bad anxiety and should get help from the anxiety therapy thing my council offers called Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) by Lewisham council. She said ADHD will take 18 months and I should try anxiety therapy first but I can't even get myself to get help from the IAPT council because of my executive functioning disorder.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 12115)
They said I probably have bad anxiety and should get help from the anxiety therapy thing my council offers called Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) by Lewisham council. She said ADHD will take 18 months and I should try anxiety therapy first but I can't even get myself to get help from the IAPT council because of my executive functioning disorder.
Can someone help you manage the appointments? It's important you get the help you need.
Rep:
?
Can someone help you manage the appointments? It's important you get the help you need.
My parents don't believe in mental health and I think they gave up on me cause I am such a disappointment
Last edited by 12115; 4 weeks ago
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 12115)
My parents don't believe in mental health and I think they gave up on me cause I am such a disappointment
Is there no-one else, a friend or sibling? You are of worth
Rep:
?
I read that doctors (GP) normally tell people to get cheaper services first because ADHD therapy screening thing is more costly for the NHS. So anxiety therapy before ADHD.
I am thinking about doing both tbf.
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know many people that have been healed after they received what God / Jesus says we need, his Spirit . . . I hope u visit a meeting.

Last edited by NJA; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (266)
57.58%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (62)
13.42%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.39%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (41)
8.87%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.33%

Watched Threads