The Student Room Group

when to do theory test?

guy, ok, so I HAVE FINALLY RECEIVED MY PROVISIONAL LICENSE. it unexpectedly arrived after three months of waiting. i haven't been revising theory for almost 2 and a half months. I've got the app, how long do you think it will take for me to revise all of theory GOOD ENOUGH so that I can pass the theory test on the first go? bearing in mind that my uni starts next week and I'll have to balance uni, revision, and theory revision. i don't know when to book my test, because I don't know how long it'll take for me to revise all of theory properly. also, how easy/difficult is it to revise theory and pass it?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by boiwthboi
guy, ok, so I HAVE FINALLY RECEIVED MY PROVISIONAL LICENSE. it unexpectedly arrived after three months of waiting. i haven't been revising theory for almost 2 and a half months. I've got the app, how long do you think it will take for me to revise all of theory GOOD ENOUGH so that I can pass the theory test on the first go? bearing in mind that my uni starts next week and I'll have to balance uni, revision, and theory revision. i don't know when to book my test, because I don't know how long it'll take for me to revise all of theory properly. also, how easy/difficult is it to revise theory and pass it?

I passed first time, I had the app for a month and I started focusing like a week before the theory test, you will be fine.
I recommend using the DVSA or 4 in 1 paid app alongside one of the free apps like The Complete Theory Test Kit app so you are best prepared and access all the questions you can get on test day
I mean I had a bit of an unconventional theory revision process, but I've had friends pass first time after two-ish months (with college work and a job). I revised for about 6-8 months for my theory, but that's because I started before I was 17. I would read the Highway Code on the bus home, and do practice questions on the related topic (4 in 1 app) alongside. After I'd gone through the whole Highway Code I'd do mixed topic questions and lots of practice tests/hazard perception. I booked my test about a month after I'd turned 17 and started driving (wanted practical experience) and passed first time with 49/50 for multiple choice (can't remember HP score)
Reply 4
Original post by lol.yolo
I mean I had a bit of an unconventional theory revision process, but I've had friends pass first time after two-ish months (with college work and a job). I revised for about 6-8 months for my theory, but that's because I started before I was 17. I would read the Highway Code on the bus home, and do practice questions on the related topic (4 in 1 app) alongside. After I'd gone through the whole Highway Code I'd do mixed topic questions and lots of practice tests/hazard perception. I booked my test about a month after I'd turned 17 and started driving (wanted practical experience) and passed first time with 49/50 for multiple choice (can't remember HP score)

woah! congratulations! my theory test is on November 17th, and I did some theory revision a couple of months ago and it went quite well. i think I'll be spacing put my revision over the next month and a bit. some people say they revise the week or day before, but I think I'll feel more secure if I work on it for at least a month
I booked my theory test and then completely forgot about it - the morning of it I woke up early and spent 5 hours doing every single (about 800?) possible question. I passed first try. However I do have to mention that I'm pretty good at short term memory cramming, and had forgotten a bunch of it the next morning!!!
To speed up the process I recommend using 2 apps - one paid and one free like The Complete Theory Test Kit. This also ensures you won't get surprise questions on test day. Best of luck and don't rush!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending