aodanharland
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've just started college and I am doing sociology, politics and economics. However, economics has a massive work load that I'm not sure I will be able to keep up with. It's early on, so I don't want to change subjects as I may end up enjoying it but at the moment I'm disappointed with what the course has turned out to be like, on top of this, I'm not sure how I feel about my teacher. Is it worth swapping subjects? I was thinking about history, business, biology or chemistry. I'm also worried because I'm currently doing three 'soft' a levels. If I did history or a science it would look more impressive on my application for uni however I'm not sure how I'd cope with history or sciences as they have a reputation of being extremely difficult.
Andra01
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
History and Business is a good idea. Biology and Chemistry would still have a huge workload
samcarolinx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
mix it up do
biology chemistry sociology
sociology chemistry politics
politics biology sociology
history biology sociology
summerbirdreads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by aodanharland)
I've just started college and I am doing sociology, politics and economics. However, economics has a massive work load that I'm not sure I will be able to keep up with. It's early on, so I don't want to change subjects as I may end up enjoying it but at the moment I'm disappointed with what the course has turned out to be like, on top of this, I'm not sure how I feel about my teacher. Is it worth swapping subjects? I was thinking about history, business, biology or chemistry. I'm also worried because I'm currently doing three 'soft' a levels. If I did history or a science it would look more impressive on my application for uni however I'm not sure how I'd cope with history or sciences as they have a reputation of being extremely difficult.
I feel like replacing economics with a science would be a good idea since the other 2 are humanities subjects. go for bio as it's easier than chem but that's subjective
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (242)
57.62%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (54)
12.86%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
10.95%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.57%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.29%

Watched Threads