The Student Room Group

applying for ucas using foundation year results

Hi, so I just started doing my foundation year for engineering at brunel university and im thinking of changing to a different university for when i move onto year 1. I am clueless on how to start the process and have a couple questions:
-How do I apply on ucas showing that im doing a foundation year and without knowing my results
-what results do I need or do I just need to pass the foundation year
-which universities will accept me
-does anyone have suggestions on where I should apply
Foundation Years are not take-away qualifications with a universal syllabus, and they are designed as a prep-year ONLY for that specific University's degree. You cannot use it to 'trade up' to another Uni. If you want to do that, retake your A levels.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Foundation Years are not take-away qualifications with a universal syllabus, and they are designed as a prep-year ONLY for that specific University's degree. You cannot use it to 'trade up' to another Uni. If you want to do that, retake your A levels.

I know people who have changed universities doing that I know someone who changed from city university foundation year to kings college first year
If that is true then it wasnt only on the basis of the Year 0, and if you 'know people who have done it' why are you asking questions on TSR - you clearly know everything about this already.
Reply 4
that’s true my friend did a foundational year at UCLAN and now she applied to Bristol and got accepted. It is possible just ask for help from your uni.
Original post by anes14
Hi, so I just started doing my foundation year for engineering at brunel university and im thinking of changing to a different university for when i move onto year 1. I am clueless on how to start the process and have a couple questions:
-How do I apply on ucas showing that im doing a foundation year and without knowing my results
-what results do I need or do I just need to pass the foundation year
-which universities will accept me
-does anyone have suggestions on where I should apply

Have a read of the Transfer FAQ.

As above, foundation years are not universally transferable, but they may be accepted in some cases. It’s up to you to contact your target uni’s directly and find out if they’ll consider your profile including the foundation year.

You don’t need your foundation results to apply. Often it’s difficult to even give a prediction as you’re only there for a short time before applying.

Quick Reply

Latest