hapiolen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so im doing a btec in engineering , as as i always wanted to become a engineer but now am feeling like that is the wrong choice.

i feel completely bored out of my mind in the maths theory part , my only "favourite" lesson is the electronics class which i have twice a week

Recently .im beginning to see i like books and reading a lot. but engineering has higher career prospects than english lit , i also want to work part time at a library (need help with that)

im 2 weeks in to my level 3 diploma in engineering ,i despise doing 10 worksheets a day in my classes and am thinking of switching to english lit (my mom wouldnt let me) even though after my degree in electronics i am going to do a course in the police force to become a detective

so shall i swap btec engineering for english lit ??
EOData
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What qualifications are you currently studying, including what size your BTEC in engineering is (diploma? extended diploma?)

If you don't like Maths then an engineering degree is not for you - the majority of engineering degrees need an A level in Maths as the bit of Maths in an Engineering BTEC is too basic.
hapiolen
Rep:
?
(Original post by EOData)
What qualifications are you currently studying, including what size your BTEC in engineering is (diploma? extended diploma?)

If you don't like Maths then an engineering degree is not for you - the majority of engineering degrees need an A level in Maths as the bit of Maths in an Engineering BTEC is too basic.
Extended diploma , its getting so boring for me , because we are talking about logs and logarithms in maths and i dont see the point lol
EOData
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hapiolen)
Extended diploma , its getting so boring for me , because we are talking about logs and logarithms in maths and i dont see the point lol
That is officially the size of 3 A levels so you'd need to replace it with more than just one A level.

Logarithms are really useful in lots of ways but if you've decided after 2 weeks that it's all pointless then it doesn't sound like its the subject for you.
hapiolen
Rep:
?
That is officially the size of 3 A levels so you'd need to replace it with more than just one A level.

Logarithms are really useful in lots of ways but if you've decided after 2 weeks that it's all pointless then it doesn't sound like its the subject for you
yep , will probably do it with bio and chem if i could change /decide to do english.

I just got back into reading and heavily enjoy being at the library and reading a book and wish i could write as good as that . but ive always thought engineering was for me and changed colleges to do engineering and I've always told my mom engineering...engineering!!! but at this point idk what to do .
EOData
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hapiolen)
yep , will probably do it with bio and chem if i could change /decide to do english.

I just got back into reading and heavily enjoy being at the library and reading a book and wish i could write as good as that . but ive always thought engineering was for me and changed colleges to do engineering and I've always told my mom engineering...engineering!!! but at this point idk what to do .
Liking reading doesn't necessarily equate to liking English Literature as a subject. I love reading but hated it. Did you actually enjoy analyzing poetry and books in school? don't do English Lit is you didn't.
hapiolen
Rep:
?
Liking reading doesn't necessarily equate to liking English Literature as a subject. I love reading but hated it. Did you actually enjoy analyzing poetry and books in school? don't do English Lit is you didn't.
i actually did lol ,it allowed me to share my own interpretations of something and let me hear others lol , but idk about english lang , what would i do in there for a level/uni ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (296)
57.48%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (72)
13.98%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (57)
11.07%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (44)
8.54%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed