Knives in school

Watch
Amsc12985
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What will happen if you get caught with a knife in school? . I havent really had access to the internet till recently therefore i didnt know weapons in the uk were illegal, i took a pocket knife in to show my friend then i put it in my bag, i didnt have any bad intentions and dont know about why its bad to bring weapons into school so what will happen?
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on the school and the situation.

You might get suspended. You might get expelled. They might call the police.

My son took a knife into school when he was in Year 7 (very long story - he was trying to protect himself from bullies - believe me that was a whole drama I don't really want to relive!) and he got suspended for a week. They threatened to get the police involved but as I had previously been in to school several times to complain about bullying, they let it go with just a suspension.

If you haven't been caught with a knife in school so far, I very strongly suggest you learn from your mistake and leave it at home from now on.
ajay06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Amsc12985)
What will happen if you get caught with a knife in school? . I havent really had access to the internet till recently therefore i didnt know weapons in the uk were illegal, i took a pocket knife in to show my friend then i put it in my bag, i didnt have any bad intentions and dont know about why its bad to bring weapons into school so what will happen?
First of all if a student brings a weapon into school they could use it to harm students/ teachers,
i think if any weapon is found on you the school will probably exclude

(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
It depends on the school and the situation.

You might get suspended. You might get expelled. They might call the police.

My son took a knife into school when he was in Year 7 (very long story - he was trying to protect himself from bullies - believe me that was a whole drama I don't really want to relive!) and he got suspended for a week. They threatened to get the police involved but as I had previously been in to school several times to complain about bullying, they let it go with just a suspension.

If you haven't been caught with a knife in school so far, I very strongly suggest you learn from your mistake and leave it at home from now on.
Completely agree, don't bring a weapon back into school
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I knew someone who had a knife and got caught with it. Just don’t even. For your own good
username4986690
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How on Earth could you have thought taking a knife to school would be legal?

You have had this account since 2018 so ignorance is not an excuse and you must have had access to the internet to open that account.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The consequences for you could be very serious indeed - up to and including being excluded from the school from either a fixed period or permanently. The only thing you could have done worse would be to have been caught with drugs (actually, it's probably on a par with that).
Amsc12985
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
How on Earth could you have thought taking a knife to school would be legal?

You have had this account since 2018 so ignorance is not an excuse and you must have had access to the internet to open that account.
I literally made this account yesterday wdym
username4986690
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I literally made this account yesterday wdym
My bad, point still stands. How could you think that was legal.
username4910484
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, that’s not something that you want to do. Claiming ignorance isn’t realistically going to help your case- how many of your classmates show knives off to each other and if there are ones that do, are their lives on a good trajectory? Is that something that you’ve seen responsible adults do?
Depending on the nature of the pocket knife, it may not actually be illegal to carry, regardless your school would still take this incident extremely seriously if it was brought to their attention.

I don’t want to get on a high horse and pretend that I’ve never done stupid things in my life- but you need to understand that what you did was a big no no,
hevi_g
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
basically you get expelled from school and go to jail for the rest of your life so don’t do it hunny😌 you’re welcome
JJrevises
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if you wanna show ur friend the pocket knife either get him round after school, or take a photo and show him. make sure you don't get caught though - as this could be reported as threatening behavior (possibly?) in some schools, as it is a bit odd to show people photos of knives.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Likely expel you and call the police... knives being illegal to carry around without a good reason and there being no good reason to have one at school. It might be slightly different if its as pen knife or whatnot but a lockknife or kitchen knifer is going to get you in deep ****
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The lesson: Don't do it again old chum
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends on the sort of student you are. If you got caught but are normally a student with no behaviour issues and come across as clueless rather than threatening in any way, you will probably get a short suspension
jacklol
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You should not even thing about that. Come on, you have your hands for a self defense in case anything bad happens. Or chair.
Chadmiral Nelson
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It would depend on the type of knife and on your own school's policies. Whilst non-locking pocket knives are generally legal to carry in pubic for any lawful reason, I highly doubt there is a single school in the land that doesn't have strict rules against pupils carrying around any knife or weapon of any description on school grounds, so you'd probably be looking at an exclusion at the bare minimum. And if there was the slightest hint you intended to use it as a weapon, even in self-defence, then the school would almost certainly get the police involved.

Best just leave it at home from now on.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
knives are a mug's game
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm late to this thread but I know someone who was sent to a juvenille detention centre for a term in year 9 for bringing a knife to school.
Chadmiral Nelson
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
knives are a mug's game
Mugs are a spoon's game.
TTAva2000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah this happened to me. Carried a kitchen knife to try and cut my bike lock cause i lost the key (stupid ik) and police was almost invovled nut i had nothing on my record before hand and i cried alot. Got out with a 3 day suspension.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (317)
57.22%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.9%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.19%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (49)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.79%

Watched Threads