how to make flashcards for maths

Watch
m2004
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i’ve just started a level maths and further maths and there’s already so much knowledge and key equations but i don’t get how to put them on flashcards so help would be nice

Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Flashcards for maths are completely pointless. The best way to improve your maths skills is to practice questions and past papers.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I used paper flashcards for some of the equations that you learn in year 2 mechanics, and some of pure double angle formulas. (I reviewed it like 3 times until it got stuck in my memory.) I did it because I’m sad and wanted to get quicker in answering the questions, and I’m pretty sure you even get given them in the exam so no need.

I remember a friend of mine saying that they already knew it because they had answered questions regarding it so much, so it’s not even needed. I agree with that too, same thing happened to me.

The most important and effective thing you can do
when it comes to maths is do text book questions and past papers. You can memorise equations all you like but if you can’t use it then there’s no point.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
13.04%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (57)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
7.76%

Watched Threads