Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i feel like ive been stuck in a rut for almost 6 years of my life. Don’t get me wrong there’s times i leave my house and am productive but they are extremely rare. I share a room with my younger sister who works full time and seeing her come home after work and telling me about her day when all i’ve done is stay in bed is really affecting me. I haven’t left my house in the last two months not even to the corner shop. my family try to help by asking me to come run errands with them but i end up overthinking and staying in my room. i have a gym membership i’ve been paying for for the last year and have only went twice the entire time. I have no hobbies and honestly can not tell you what i do with my day. I probably sleep 14 hours a day and only leave my room to get the takeout i order or use the bathroom. I really want to fix up and with uni now announcing that everything will be on campus my anxiety is getting worse and i’m dreading it. I’ve tried to take small steps like taking a walk but as soon as i see my reflection in the mirror i just get put off and feel disgusted with myself. the worst part is that there is no reason as to why im this way. at first i would convince myself that it’s because i’m an introvert and enjoy my own company but at this point im just done. any tips
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i feel like ive been stuck in a rut for almost 6 years of my life. Don’t get me wrong there’s times i leave my house and am productive but they are extremely rare. I share a room with my younger sister who works full time and seeing her come home after work and telling me about her day when all i’ve done is stay in bed is really affecting me. I haven’t left my house in the last two months not even to the corner shop. my family try to help by asking me to come run errands with them but i end up overthinking and staying in my room. i have a gym membership i’ve been paying for for the last year and have only went twice the entire time. I have no hobbies and honestly can not tell you what i do with my day. I probably sleep 14 hours a day and only leave my room to get the takeout i order or use the bathroom. I really want to fix up and with uni now announcing that everything will be on campus my anxiety is getting worse and i’m dreading it. I’ve tried to take small steps like taking a walk but as soon as i see my reflection in the mirror i just get put off and feel disgusted with myself. the worst part is that there is no reason as to why im this way. at first i would convince myself that it’s because i’m an introvert and enjoy my own company but at this point im just done. any tips
What's your age?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What's your age?
i’m 24
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
i’m 24
I thought you were like 16 or something. ****ing hell 24. You've been sat on your arse for 2 months and in bed how is that possible? How do you earn your money to survive, pay for the gym all these takeaways you are scoffing? You really need to grow up you are 24 fgs!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (114)
57.58%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (22)
11.11%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (24)
12.12%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (16)
8.08%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
5.56%

Watched Threads