candydream
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can someone tell me the difference between these two IGCSE, IGCSE TM and IGCSE®?
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In the UK the two providers of IGCSEs are Pearson Edexcel, and Cambridge (also known as CIE or CAIE).

An R in a circle after a name means registered trademark, whereas TM means trademark but not registered. I've never seen trademarks (registered or otherwise) after the initials IGCSE though. I'm afraid I can't answer your question as I'm a little confused by it.
candydream
Rep:
?
ok i understand thank you
so basically this label doesn't matter so much right? example is the document i uploaded which is 2020 exam (according to Cambridge IGCSE official website there is a change of format of the papers recently if i didn't make it wrong, so the label is waiting to become an R mark?)
and my question is no matter which exam board you are using CIE, or CAIE, the content just sticks to the syllabus so there is no difference between difficulty levels or requirements etc. right? If there are some differences what are they?
Attached files
candydream
Rep:
?
btw PinkMobilePhone every time you are answering IGCSE questions thanks
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
CIE and CAIE is the same company - both Cambridge. They are just abbreviations for the same exam board.
It looks as though they've registered some of their abbreviated monikers, and not registered others. It makes no difference, it's all the same.

The difference in syllabus would be if you were to look at an IGCSE by Pearson Edexcel as that's a completely different exam board so their papers would have a different syllabus to anything by Cambridge.

Sometimes exam boards do bring out new syllabuses and get rid of their old ones, for example Cambridge is bringing out a new IGCSE Computer Science syllabus from summer 2023, so the last chance to sit the old syllabus is autumn 2022.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by candydream)
btw PinkMobilePhone every time you are answering IGCSE questions thanks
My kids are home educated so they take a lot of IGCSE papers.
candydream
Rep:
?
so I'm doing past papers in the website IGCSE centre is it helpful
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by candydream)
so I'm doing past papers in the website IGCSE centre is it helpful
I've never heard of this company before. I've just looked it up and found the website, but I can't seem to see it on trustpilot.

If it has past papers though, past papers are fine for revision. You can't really go wrong with past papers.
candydream
Rep:
?
all right thank you for your advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (125)
86.81%
No (19)
13.19%

Watched Threads