nihkemsezere
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it really necessary to talk about your a level subjects and how they relate to your degree or how they help in the ps? My subjects don’t really relate to what I want to study that’s why.
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The ones that I've looked at (I want to apply for Bio/sciences) don't look at a-level subjects but: a personal experience that ties them to the subject, super-curricular activities they've done to extend their knowledge and some bits on extra-curriculars. I would recommend that you just look around at example ones and seen the sort of structure they've used!
Holamisamigos213
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes. just stretch as much as you can for example lets say my a levels are computer science but want to study um arabic u can say i have learnt to identify trends and patterns which is a helpful skill allowing me to be more sharper at identifiying the patterns in the arabic language. just talk about generic skills that are useful in many circumstances.
Last edited by Holamisamigos213; 1 month ago
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don't even need to talk about the skills gained from them as the admissions tutors will know
melancollege
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It really depends on whether they're actually related and how much else you've done for your subject. I barely mentioned my others (French and Chemistry) at all when I applied for Maths and just focused on all my supercurriculars that were related to Maths instead
nihkemsezere
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks you so much!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (113)
86.26%
No (18)
13.74%

Watched Threads