Advice? Deciding Which A Level To Drop (urgent)

Watch
uaryrius
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
HI ! okay, so im in a bit of a dilemma...

i have to change my a level subjects by tomorrow and im not sure if i made the right decision and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice ??

(i'll try and keep this short, hopefully) currently im doing a level chemistry, biology, sociology and art and ive decided to drop art since it seems the most logical and it doesnt fit with my other subjects. however, the problem is that ive always loved art and people tend to say pick subjects you like since you're more likely to do better in a subject if you enjoy it. although i do have a bit of a love-hate relationship with a level art, especially since im worried the coursework will affect my other subjects. i think the main problem is that im not sure what career i want in the future, so i chose bio and chem to keep my options open, but at the same time im scared that i might not get good grades in them or that im going to change my mind and want to pursue art. tbh sociology is kinda just... there, also i just thought an essay subject might be useful ??

FURTHERMORE! at my school if im doing three a levels i need to either pick this weekly side thing that i attend for 50 minutes (like an extra course) or do an epq and i was thinking of doing an epq? is that any good??

anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this !!

btw just in case, my gcse grades are as follows:
art, re and turkish - 9
french, geography and physics - 8
biology, chemistry, maths, english lang and lit - 7
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You only need 3 subjects - no UK University asks for 4 and you dont get any extra creit for doing 4.
You also risk all your other grades. AAA will always look better than ABBB.
Drop Art.

EPQ - do it.
Its a one year AS level research project and it will give you valuable experience in independent study, and an obvious 'outside the A level syllabus' idea to discuss in your UCAS PS. It may also get you a reduced grade offer from many Unis. Advice from Bath Uni here - https://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/tak...r-application/
uaryrius
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
You only need 3 subjects - no UK University asks for 4 and you dont get any extra creit for doing 4.
You also risk all your other grades. AAA will always look better than ABBB.
Drop Art.

EPQ - do it.
Its a one year AS level research project and it will give you valuable experience in independent study, and an obvious 'outside the A level syllabus' idea to discuss in your UCAS PS. It may also get you a reduced grade offer from many Unis. Advice from Bath Uni here - https://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/tak...r-application/
hello, thank you for your reply, dont worry i was only planning on doing three a levels, i was just unsure of which subject to drop!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (116)
86.57%
No (18)
13.43%

Watched Threads