should i drop this a level???? pls help

Watch
echevera
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm in Y12, doing Spanish, history, biology, and economics. I have a decent amount of frees and I'm keeping up on all my work, I know it's only early days. I also want to do my EPQ soon.

I got 9s in Spanish, history, and biology and genuinely enjoy them all, I have fantastic teachers, to the point where the work doesn't feel like a chore. I'm just so split between economics, it's an important subject and I can see the value in studying it, but I dislike the content and we have an awful teacher who struggles to explain key ideas to us, leaving me to do more independent work and with questions.

I think I want to do law, will dropping economics and only doing 3 a levels affect me? Do unis have a preference for the numbers you do? Or should I just keep at economics and see where I am in a month or so?
bamany
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
my best advice is if you don’t like it, drop it. as long as you have the 3 a-levels it doesn’t really matter. maybe have a look at some uni entry requirements for law and see what kind of subjects they would like for the degree. even if you don’t do a law degree you can still go into it after
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Spanish, History and Biology is wonderful for Law!
Literally no university asks for 4 (because not every school can offer it according to their timetabling structure), or gives more points to someone doing 4 A-Levels for Law (although medicine has 1 or 2 iirc, but that's medicine and it usually is further maths) - doing an EPQ will give something extra to add in your personal statement so I would definitely do that and drop economics - no point sacrificing grades for the sake of having a fourth
15977emily
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Drop it! Do your EPQ and thrash the A-Levels your interested in!
echevera
Rep:
?
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
Spanish, History and Biology is wonderful for Law!
Literally no university asks for 4 (because not every school can offer it according to their timetabling structure), or gives more points to someone doing 4 A-Levels for Law (although medicine has 1 or 2 iirc, but that's medicine and it usually is further maths) - doing an EPQ will give something extra to add in your personal statement so I would definitely do that and drop economics - no point sacrificing grades for the sake of having a fourth
thank uuu, i wasnt so sure if they were good for law with Spanish as they're a tad random with a science, humanity and a language. so this has given me a massive confidence boost, any ideas for a good epq for law with Spanish
echevera
Rep:
?
(Original post by 15977emily)
Drop it! Do your EPQ and thrash the A-Levels your interested in!
Thank u for the confidence boost! emailing my teacher tonight, gonna try and really prioritise my a levels with my new free periods
samcarolinx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
doing four a levels doesn't give you an advantage so just take 3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads