The Student Room Group

is it okay to gift unused second hand things?

I’ve never done this but it’s my friends birthday soon and i’ve got this skincare set that I bought but never used, would it be okay to give it to her?
Yes.
But never regift a present to the same person that originally gave it to you unless you are intending to be rude.
you never used it, so it's not second hand. as long as it's not expired or near expiry you can gift it
Reply 3
Original post by fhjskssskbwhhw
I’ve never done this but it’s my friends birthday soon and i’ve got this skincare set that I bought but never used, would it be okay to give it to her?

It’s not second hand if you’ve not used it. It’s completely okay to give it. I remember once gifting my friend this perfume someone gave me and I didn’t like the smell but my friend absolutely loved it
Reply 4
I do it all the time. If its been kept in good condition (and not something that my friend brought for me) then I always gift it to someone. Its just good sense. Saves money and it doesn't go to waste.
Ofc I'd be mad if you didn't and just threw it out and wasted a very good product someone else could've benefited from

Quick Reply

Latest