The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Which English course to choose at Exeter?

I want to study English and I love the University of Exeter. However, I am torn between two courses. The standard, BA English course (AAA) or the BA English with Study in North America (A*AA).

Would it make sense to apply to both of them? I imagine the 'Study in North America' course would be very competitive, even though I am predicted A*A*A, so putting the other Exeter course could act as a safety net (allowing me to go to Exeter anyway).

However, my teacher says that applying to both is a bad idea as I am unlikely to get into one and not the other, as they will simply reject me or accept me into the university as a whole. What should I do?
Original post by 273792
I want to study English and I love the University of Exeter. However, I am torn between two courses. The standard, BA English course (AAA) or the BA English with Study in North America (A*AA).

Would it make sense to apply to both of them? I imagine the 'Study in North America' course would be very competitive, even though I am predicted A*A*A, so putting the other Exeter course could act as a safety net (allowing me to go to Exeter anyway).

However, my teacher says that applying to both is a bad idea as I am unlikely to get into one and not the other, as they will simply reject me or accept me into the university as a whole. What should I do?

Why not contact the university and ask - personally I can't see anything wrong with applying for both. You could ask if you can transfer between them.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending