Which English course to choose at Exeter?

Watch
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I want to study English and I love the University of Exeter. However, I am torn between two courses. The standard, BA English course (AAA) or the BA English with Study in North America (A*AA).

Would it make sense to apply to both of them? I imagine the 'Study in North America' course would be very competitive, even though I am predicted A*A*A, so putting the other Exeter course could act as a safety net (allowing me to go to Exeter anyway).

However, my teacher says that applying to both is a bad idea as I am unlikely to get into one and not the other, as they will simply reject me or accept me into the university as a whole. What should I do?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 273792)
I want to study English and I love the University of Exeter. However, I am torn between two courses. The standard, BA English course (AAA) or the BA English with Study in North America (A*AA).

Would it make sense to apply to both of them? I imagine the 'Study in North America' course would be very competitive, even though I am predicted A*A*A, so putting the other Exeter course could act as a safety net (allowing me to go to Exeter anyway).

However, my teacher says that applying to both is a bad idea as I am unlikely to get into one and not the other, as they will simply reject me or accept me into the university as a whole. What should I do?
Why not contact the university and ask - personally I can't see anything wrong with applying for both. You could ask if you can transfer between them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (10)
50%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (2)
10%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
15%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
5%
I haven't started researching yet (1)
5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
15%

Watched Threads