Apprenticeship question(guidance needed)

Watch
jim12341997
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello everyone. I'm 24, Greek, moved in edinburgh 2 years ago. I've been a chef for the last 5 years and recently decided that I want to quit and pursue something different. I've been obviously out of touch with studying for a while, and I've been told that apprenticeships are my best deal.

I'm very overwhelmed with all the information though and I have no clue where to start. Most of them require some relevant background (which confuse me since I thought that apprenticeships are meant for people like me) and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated, I feel completely lost.
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jim12341997)
Hello everyone. I'm 24, Greek, moved in edinburgh 2 years ago. I've been a chef for the last 5 years and recently decided that I want to quit and pursue something different. I've been obviously out of touch with studying for a while, and I've been told that apprenticeships are my best deal.

I'm very overwhelmed with all the information though and I have no clue where to start. Most of them require some relevant background (which confuse me since I thought that apprenticeships are meant for people like me) and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated, I feel completely lost.
What is it you want to do?

No relevant experience needed, just education. I’d start by identifying your existing qualifications or equivalents to cross reference with entry level requirements.

Below are the apprenticeship levels and their entry level requirements respectively:

Level 2 - GCSE or sometimes none
Level 3 - GCSE C/6 or above, or level 2 education
Level 4 - A Levels or level 3 education
Level 6 - Level 4 education
Level 7 - Level 6 education
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (181)
55.52%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (45)
13.8%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (36)
11.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed