The Student Room Group

Confused on which degree to apply with these qualifications.

Hello guys, I was worried about applying for university, I am currently in year 13 doing BTEC Level 3 in Information Technology as Diploma which is equivalent to 2 A levels and a BTEC Level 3 in Business as extended certificate which is equivalent to 1 A level and might do Italian as A level, I think by the end I would get in IT: D*D and in Business: D* and in Italian an A*. I wanted to apply to a university for a computer science degree either in a Russel group or a in a top 100 ranking, I have called a few unis and they said I need an A level with the Diploma but I'm doing another single business. Can anyone please help me? when I called them I did not tell them that I would be doing Italian as A level.
Call them back and tell them about the Italian, if you're sure you're going to take it as an A Level.
If you're in Year 13 though, surely you know by now whether or not you're taking Italian A Level or not.
Reply 2
Apply Greenwich and City University in London
Original post by cvgk
Apply Greenwich and City University in London

are you sure, they will accept my qualifications?
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Call them back and tell them about the Italian, if you're sure you're going to take it as an A Level.
If you're in Year 13 though, surely you know by now whether or not you're taking Italian A Level or not.

Yeah, I will call them back and let them know, but I don't know which degree I can apply for.
Reply 5
Original post by Esingh-2001
are you sure, they will accept my qualifications?

Probably they will accept you can apply London Metropolitan University, university of east london, west london university middlesex university, brunel university to increase your chances.But one of them they will accept.I am London Metropolitan University graduate you can apply and see..
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
I want to add something computer science is more abstract you can choose one
1)computer science
2)computing
3)games and programming
4) games animation
5)computer networking
6)cyber security
7)data science
8)data analysis
9)artificial intelligence
10)computer engineering and robotics and etc...
Original post by cvgk
I want to add something computer science is more abstract you can choose one
1)computer science
2)computing
3)games and programming
4) games animation
5)computer networking
6)cyber security
7)data science
8)data analysis
9)artificial intelligence
10)computer engineering and robotics and etc...

Thank you very much.
Original post by Esingh-2001
Hello guys, I was worried about applying for university, I am currently in year 13 doing BTEC Level 3 in Information Technology as Diploma which is equivalent to 2 A levels and a BTEC Level 3 in Business as extended certificate which is equivalent to 1 A level and might do Italian as A level, I think by the end I would get in IT: D*D and in Business: D* and in Italian an A*. I wanted to apply to a university for a computer science degree either in a Russel group or a in a top 100 ranking, I have called a few unis and they said I need an A level with the Diploma but I'm doing another single business. Can anyone please help me? when I called them I did not tell them that I would be doing Italian as A level.

Hi @Esingh-2001,

My name is Aleks, I am a course ambassador at Middlesex University.

Firstly, Middlesex University offers an amazing course to help you obtain a degree in Computer Science. You might find it useful to have a look at this page: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/computer-science.

Secondly, to help you sort out your qualifications you might find it useful to talk to our Admissions Enquiries Advisers, they should be able to help you with that. You can contact them via the live chat on our website, just follow this link: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/chat-to-us-now.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Kind regards,
Aleks
Original post by Middlesex University
Hi @Esingh-2001,

My name is Aleks, I am a course ambassador at Middlesex University.

Firstly, Middlesex University offers an amazing course to help you obtain a degree in Computer Science. You might find it useful to have a look at this page: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/computer-science.

Secondly, to help you sort out your qualifications you might find it useful to talk to our Admissions Enquiries Advisers, they should be able to help you with that. You can contact them via the live chat on our website, just follow this link: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/chat-to-us-now.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Kind regards,
Aleks

Thank you very much, Will do that :smile:.

Quick Reply