The Student Room Group

Should I apply to Cambridge Law with 2021 results

I got an ABB as predicted so I didn’t apply last year. This year I received A*A*A* (shocking, but I worked really hard for in school exams). I decided to take a gap year and apply to better unis than I applied last year. But I’m still contemplating on Cambridge, because I’m not sure how likely I’ll get into the uni this year compared to someone who will actually do their exams next year. I have a decent set of GCSE’s and my personal statement from last year is pretty good.
It's one of five choices, so nothing to lose certainly.

But note you need a new personal statement if you made a UCAS application last year, to Cambridge or not.
Unis will not be prejudiced against 2021 results if that is what you are worried about.
Apply - you might get lucky.
Reply 3
Original post by Paralove
It's one of five choices, so nothing to lose certainly.

But note you need a new personal statement if you made a UCAS application last year, to Cambridge or not.

Oh really? How much would I need to change it? Because of all the super curriculars ive already done and the work experience, how should I change it?
Original post by Anonymous
Oh really? How much would I need to change it? Because of all the super curriculars ive already done and the work experience, how should I change it?

UCAS has plagiarism checking software so it will flag as plagiarised even if it was you! You can't use the same one.

It doesn't mean you can't use some of the stuff from before but don't you have other more recent things you have been doing in the last year? You should be staying engaged with your subject even after applying (especially for somewhere like Cambridge where questions around what you've been doing could occur in an interview).
Original post by Anonymous

Just update it where necessary.
It doesnt need o be radically different.
Original post by Paralove
UCAS has plagiarism checking software so it will flag as plagiarised even if it was you! You can't use the same one.

You can't plagarise yourself!
Reply 7
Ah okay, thanks for telling me, would have not known
Reply 8
Original post by McGinger
Just update it where necessary.
It doesnt need o be radically different.

Thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest