Anonymous48
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,
I am doing Triple Science AQA Gcse and I need some suggestions on what revision Guides to buy. Are CGP or Collins better?
Thanks
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I used CGP alongside FreeScienceLessons alongside the specification and alongside flashcards + past papers. :yy:
Anonymous48
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
I used CGP alongside FreeScienceLessons alongside the specification and alongside flashcards + past papers.
Ok Thanks, If you don't mind me asking, What grade did you get by doing this? Also, what book did your school recommend you?
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous48)
Ok Thanks, If you don't mind me asking, What grade did you get by doing this? Also, what book did your school recommend you?

999 in GCSE 2019. (People learn differently though so make sure you experiment first. If my method doesn’t work for you then do what works for you.)

my school recommended me nothing.

They just expected us to learn content.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous48
Rep:
?
999 in GCSE 2019

my school recommended me nothing.

They just expected us to learn content.
oh ok, Thanks. Do you know anyone else (Friends) who use collins or cgp?
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
oh ok, Thanks. Do you know anyone else (Friends) who use collins or cgp?

Not really. For Collins, why don’t you just check the reviews? I didn’t use it so I can’t really comment on it.
Anonymous48
Rep:
?
Not really. For Collins, why don’t you just check the reviews? I didn’t use it so I can’t really comment on it.
Ok, Thanks again
Srfhdx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Pearson revision guides and CGP revision guides are really good. CGP to learn, Pearson to refresh and recall. Get both, have both open, reference both. Also do mainly open book practice papers. When your Doing a closed book question paper you always forget marks 4-6 on 6 markers, or the odd equation. And forgetting an equation and skipping the question is just counter productive. Dont just copy the book, but when you get stuck dont bother skipping it. The marks dont matter because whenever you mark your own your always 10% generous. The hardest part about exams is understanding the question. Once you truly understand what the question wants you to do the equation recall will follow so much faster.
Emma282
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,
I am doing Triple Science AQA Gcse and I need some suggestions on what revision Guides to buy. Are CGP or Collins better?
Thanks
Definitely CGP, I used the science books all throughout my years and they were the best source of information. If you need explanations of processes or required practicals then I highly recommend freesciencelessons, they are quickly simple videos that will easily get you full marks on a practical question
Anonymous48
Rep:
?
k

(Original post by Emma282)
Definitely CGP, I used the science books all throughout my years and they were the best source of information. If you need explanations of processes or required practicals then I highly recommend freesciencelessons, they are quickly simple videos that will easily get you full marks on a practical question
Ok Thanks, did you use Collins as well? How was that like?
Emma282
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I didn't use Collins as my school never recommended it, so I'm not sure how good they are!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise