Queen Mary University of London entry requirement leniency

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m thinking about applying to queen mary for economics bsc and was wondering if they accept applications with 1 grade below their entry requirement. It states on their website that they require AAA but I’m most likely going to be predicted AAB. How likely am I to receive an offer?
Cirxxbabz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hope someone replies because they’ll probably advise better than me but wen I was applying to uni’s it did say AAA but QMUL gave me a contextualised offer of AAB so it is possible
Also due to Covid uni’s are quite lenient so I’m guessing don’t worry

By the way, if for watever reason I don’t get ur offer accepted, there is a chance u can apply to that uni and that course thru clearing
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
If during clearing they drop their grades to BBC!! Or BBB they probably will take a grade lower
Jaggybag1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Standard offer is AAA with Maths, Contextual offer is AAB with an A in Maths. If you are predicted AAB you will be fine.
Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m thinking about applying to queen mary for economics bsc and was wondering if they accept applications with 1 grade below their entry requirement. It states on their website that they require AAA but I’m most likely going to be predicted AAB. How likely am I to receive an offer?
Hey there!

Great to hear you're planning on applying to QMUL! It's definitely normal to be concerned about grade requirements - and it can be a stressful thing to have to think about!

One of the things you may be able to consider is applying for a contextualised admission. This is when you're able to have your grade offer lowered by a one or a few grades depending on your specific circumstances. You can find out whether any of the criterion on apply to you on the following page, which also has a Contextual Admissions calculator: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate...sed-admissions.

Come clearing time, the entry requirements may be lowered. However, you may not want to rely on this option as it is uncertain whether spaces will be available or how the requirements will be lowered, if at all that much.

If you would like a more certain and definitive assessment of your situation, you can always contact the School of Economics and Finance's admissions department and they will be happy to help you. You can find their contact details here: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/sef/about-us/contact-us/!

There's also the possibility you'll do better than predicted and that you'll be predicted higher!

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Matthew

QMUL Student Ambassador and TSR Representative
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (88)
86.27%
No (14)
13.73%

Watched Threads