MattyBLG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,
I average at 22/23 on Arbitio, and just did 2010 practise test A, getting 31 despite not doing the first question. What sort of ballpark should I be looking at? Apparently the LNAT is much harder than it was in 2010
annatikhomirova
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MattyBLG)
Hi,
I average at 22/23 on Arbitio, and just did 2010 practise test A, getting 31 despite not doing the first question. What sort of ballpark should I be looking at? Apparently the LNAT is much harder than it was in 2010
Hiya, 22/23 is a really really good score on Arbitio, trust me that would basically be enough to get you a place at most universities since Arbitio is harder than the actual exam!
ashkaul
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MattyBLG)
Hi,
Hi, I'm in a very similar situation, averaging 23 on Arbitio. Can you share the 2010 Practice Test A though? I'm not quite sure what that is. Is that the official practice test?
MattyBLG
Rep:
?
(Original post by ashkaul)
Hi, I'm in a very similar situation, averaging 23 on Arbitio. Can you share the 2010 Practice Test A though? I'm not quite sure what that is. Is that the official practice test?
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...ons-tests/lnat - If you go to 'How to prepare' there are 2 official practise exams provided by pearson. I believe you can also find these on the LNAT website
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Mid-twenties in the MCQ component is a 'good score' - few people get 30 or above.

The essay component will be marked in-house by each Uni - if they use it. Each Uni will mark this differently and use that combined score differently.
For Bristol the assessment is GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40%, and using the following weightings: 60% MCQs and 40% essay. So you can see that its quite posible to get a good MCQ score, mess up the essay and get a lower overall score, or vice versa and 'raise' your overall score with a good essay.
MattyBLG
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Mid-twenties in the MCQ component is a 'good score' - few people get 30 or above.

The essay component will be marked in-house by each Uni - if they use it. Each Uni will mark this differently and use that combined score differently.
For Bristol the assessment is GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40%, and using the following weightings: 60% MCQs and 40% essay. So you can see that its quite posible to get a good MCQ score, mess up the essay and get a lower overall score, or vice versa and 'raise' your overall score with a good essay.
Hi, I am aware of this. However I am applying to Oxford and UCL so need as high a MCQ score as possible. 🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise