The Student Room Group

Loniness in uni during covid

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Celery11
So I moved into my accommodation in Swansea uni yesterday, and I have quite bad anxiety. I haven't said any more than hi to anyone since I got here, and everyone else in my flat are all already best friends. Every time I walk past them I nearly cry, I feel like I can't go out and make food as there are 6 or 7 people in the living room everytime I go in there. I feel so lonely and just sit in my room crying. This isn't what I expected uni to be like

I just started Swansea University yesterday don't worry everything will be alright and there is nothing to cry about just say hi to them when you go past them , eat you food in the kitchen rather than in your room, by doing that someone may initiate an conversation with you.
Original post by Celery11
So I moved into my accommodation in Swansea uni yesterday, and I have quite bad anxiety. I haven't said any more than hi to anyone since I got here, and everyone else in my flat are all already best friends. Every time I walk past them I nearly cry, I feel like I can't go out and make food as there are 6 or 7 people in the living room everytime I go in there. I feel so lonely and just sit in my room crying. This isn't what I expected uni to be like

Hi @Celery11,

Have just seen this post and I'm gutted to read how you've been feeling! How are you doing now? and is there anything we can do at the university to support you at all? Please don't hesitate to message!

Beth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending