Extreme attachment to ex. Very depressed

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I write this in a position where i am on my own with no friends, and I lost my best close friend who is also my ex.
I have found out she has found someone new and i just feel so upset, i am living out from all my relatives at the moment and have no close family.
But seeing my ex who used to speak to me for hours, who i felt loved by, speak to someone new and just replace me devastates me. I am sitting here unable to do anything. She actually has other friends, i have nobody other than my family who don't realise how bad it actually is and who i can only speak to on skype.

I feel so depressed. I am anxious attachment. I don't know what to do. I am living in a past time. I feel empty inside. I have moved out from my family but with this added into the mixed i am extremely tempted to come back home to have their support. The funny thing is they don't even realise how badly this is ****ing me up.

I am starting a new stage of my life where i should be meeting new people but i am so fixated on her , and what she is doing , that i cant move on. She has restricted me on all social media to cut me out of her life, and i truly feel trapped in my own head. Like her validation is the only way out of this crippling emotional cage and there is no key for her validation, she has long moved on, gotten a new job, is starting a new uni course, and i just feel myself obsessing over her. I am trapped in the past forever.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I write this in a position where i am on my own with no friends, and I lost my best close friend who is also my ex.
I have found out she has found someone new and i just feel so upset, i am living out from all my relatives at the moment and have no close family.
But seeing my ex who used to speak to me for hours, who i felt loved by, speak to someone new and just replace me devastates me. I am sitting here unable to do anything. She actually has other friends, i have nobody other than my family who don't realise how bad it actually is and who i can only speak to on skype.

I feel so depressed. I am anxious attachment. I don't know what to do. I am living in a past time. I feel empty inside. I have moved out from my family but with this added into the mixed i am extremely tempted to come back home to have their support. The funny thing is they don't even realise how badly this is ****ing me up.

I am starting a new stage of my life where i should be meeting new people but i am so fixated on her , and what she is doing , that i cant move on. She has restricted me on all social media to cut me out of her life, and i truly feel trapped in my own head. Like her validation is the only way out of this crippling emotional cage and there is no key for her validation, she has long moved on, gotten a new job, is starting a new uni course, and i just feel myself obsessing over her. I am trapped in the past forever.
OMG dude... i feel the sameee .. except we are still dating but tonight she is bit busyyy and it is killing me inside.. I just wanna talk to her But i get your situation is much worse... and like you I don't have much friends... don't really confide in any of them. You are lucky to have supportive relatives... i don't think mine will be supportive.

But i get how you feel... you must be crying... i would be. I couldn't help it... Idk what advice i can provide except sympathise with you. I know words are probably meaningless at this point.. but just remember you are a great person and your love will be cherished by the right person so keep trying until you find the right one.

Maybe talking to your ex to get closure can help... why did your ex leave? You don't have to say..
M1chiko
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Reason you are struggling to move on is because you see her as the reason for your happiness and not an addition to your happiness, you may disagree with me but this is just the honest truth. I would tell you to get closure but it’ll probably make things worse for you. Don’t do reckless things to try and fill the empty void within you, you’ll regret it big time.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She's your ex for a reason, and if things were that great between you it would have worked out. Why did you break up?
LittleBear04
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's difficult to move on from a ex - most of us here have been their honestly. However, over the horizon you will find a better match and this feeling will fade away. Plenty more girls will be interested in dating you, it's just the matter of waiting for your time. No point in fixating on a ex - when it's over, it's like obsessing over a football game that finished, absolutely no point in that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (233)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (52)
12.78%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.06%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.85%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.42%

Watched Threads