The Student Room Group

Why is it hard to maintain love from a woman as a man.

Hello guys, I must say, as of right now, 22:45am , 20/09/21, I am high as a kite.

But hear me out, and educate your opinions towards me please <3

I’ll keep this short to be honest as I’m struggling to type but,

Why do I feel like unless you’re a wealthy man, you have to, in some weird sense, manipulate or borderline kind of play mind games with your girlfriend/wife/ women, to keep them in love with you. I don’t know how to explain it for some reason but for those of you that see this and know exactly why’ve just asked that/ where I’m going with this, please just give me your opinion. Don’t slate me or think I’m talking nonsense due to me being high.. I mean no harm.. & I just want to be educated with other people of this planets opinion :smile:

I just feel like us men can’t show our woman our genuine and most raw love because once they get a glimpse of that love, they’re just… no longer interested. If not, then guaranteed loss of respect/value for the man…

I’m not saying this is the case with all females. I’m speaking based of my own experiences and observations.

I noticed within all my relationships/situationships I’ve been in, the girl seemed to love and respect me way more when I was kind of cold, blunt, abit non-chalant and unavailable.. rather than when I was giving her my affection, love, effort and good vibes/energy.. see what I mean ?

Anyways…

Like I said I’m high as kite, just a random blunt thought. I just want to know why it has to be this way. Why can’t us men just love our women without them falling out of love with us in the meanwhile..? :frown:

Please don’t slate me. I'm not coming for females nor do I think it’s the case with every female. Just asking based off personal long term experiences and observations.

Love.

~ Anon.

Scroll to see replies

Dear Anon,
Unfortunately that is life. Women are selfish. Men are selfish. Others are selfish. Homo sapiens are selfish. People only look out for themselves. It's a cruel world, which will break you if you are not thick-skinned. We insist on delusions of 'love' to make ourselves feel better. We'll end up dying one day anyway. Then nobody will have any memories of you. You will be a mere statistic, a file held by the government somewhere. Eventually, that will be destroyed as well. Life will be destroyed. Earth will be destroyed. So will our souls.
Love,
Asha

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by a_human_being?
Dear Anon,
Unfortunately that is life. Women are selfish. Men are selfish. Others are selfish. Homo sapiens are selfish. People only look out for themselves. It's a cruel world, which will break you if you are not thick-skinned. We insist on delusions of 'love' to make ourselves feel better. Never mind, we'll end up dying one day. Then one day nobody will have any memories of you. You will be a mere statistic, a file held by the government somewhere. Eventually, that will be destroyed as well. Life will be destroyed. Earth will be destroyed. So will our souls.
Love,
Asha

Spoiler

My mind is genuinely blown, thank you very much Asha.
cos nobody cares about men

except fat women
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
cos nobody cares about men

except fat women

Ironic isn't it? :tongue: Fat women are the least desirable to men and yet they can be the most caring. You could also say the reverse is true: women who are slim, attractive and have lots of dating options care the least, hence more likely to manipulate and play mind games with men. Because they know they can get away with it and are probably used to getting their own way for their entire lives.
Reply 5
Hello guys, I must say, as of right now, 22:45am , 20/09/21, I am high as a kite.

Why do I feel like unless you’re a wealthy man, you have to, in some weird sense, manipulate or borderline kind of play mind games with your girlfriend/wife/ women, to keep them in love with you. I don’t know how to explain it for some reason but for those of you that see this and know exactly why’ve just asked that/ where I’m going with this, please just give me your opinion. Don’t slate me or think I’m talking nonsense due to me being high.. I mean no harm.. & I just want to be educated with other people of this planets opinion :smile:

I just feel like us men can’t show our woman our genuine and most raw love because once they get a glimpse of that love, they’re just… no longer interested. If not, then guaranteed loss of respect/value for the man…

I’m not saying this is the case with all females. I’m speaking based of my own experiences and observations.

I noticed within all my relationships/situationships I’ve been in, the girl seemed to love and respect me way more when I was kind of cold, blunt, abit non-chalant and unavailable.. rather than when I was giving her my affection, love, effort and good vibes/energy.. see what I mean ?

Anyways…

Like I said I’m high as kite, just a random blunt thought. I just want to know why it has to be this way. Why can’t us men just love our women without them falling out of love with us in the meanwhile..? :frown:

Please don’t slate me. I'm not coming for females nor do I think it’s the case with every female. Just asking based off personal long term experiences and observations.

Love.

~ Anon.

You'd be surprised how much clarity and understanding you can get from being high. :tongue: We educated men of the RP community have been discussing these same issues for years while completely sober and of sound mind and body.

Women have a very transactional view of relationships. Whatever a man can provide for her and whatever he can make her "feel" right now in this moment are all she is interested in. Men create resources, women extract them. Briffault's Law says that "the female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place". Women always feel that they deserve better, especially when they are young and attractive and have many dating options. It's called Hypergamy and it's a proven concept of female mating strategy - Google it to get a better understanding.

When a woman knows that she can't extract resources from you in the form of wealth (i.e. because you aren't wealthy) but she feels she deserves better than you (i.e. a man with more wealth) then she will make you work harder to keep her attention and affection on you. She will manipulate, play mind games, test you just to get a reaction out of you and see how emotionally stable you are. In the RP community we call this "****-testing". A man's wealth is proportional to the level of respect a woman has for him - when you earn more than her, you appear more dominant. When you do not have wealth, you have to earn her respect in other ways, which is why she will throw these "compliance tests" at you. Manipulation and mind games come in when she is not sure if she respects you and is trying to decide whether to give you a chance at dating her. Passing the tests earns her respect, tells her that you are genuine and you mean business and you will put her in her place when the situation demands it. Women need to know they have a strong dominant man who will hold her accountable for bad decisions she makes, lay down the law in the house and bring her up on bad behaviour. This is the kind of man she will submit to.

Check out this video for a little guide to "****-testing":

Reply 6
People really shouldnt over share when theyre high, never a good idea.

Suffice it to say you should probably change your social circle if all the women you know are manipulators, it hardly being healthy to keep such people close.
Reply 7
Original post by asif007
You'd be surprised how much clarity and understanding you can get from being high. :tongue: We educated men of the RP community have been discussing these same issues for years while completely sober and of sound mind and body.

Women have a very transactional view of relationships. Whatever a man can provide for her and whatever he can make her "feel" right now in this moment are all she is interested in. Men create resources, women extract them. Briffault's Law says that "the female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place". Women always feel that they deserve better, especially when they are young and attractive and have many dating options. It's called Hypergamy and it's a proven concept of female mating strategy - Google it to get a better understanding.

When a woman knows that she can't extract resources from you in the form of wealth (i.e. because you aren't wealthy) but she feels she deserves better than you (i.e. a man with more wealth) then she will make you work harder to keep her attention and affection on you. She will manipulate, play mind games, test you just to get a reaction out of you and see how emotionally stable you are. In the RP community we call this "****-testing". A man's wealth is proportional to the level of respect a woman has for him - when you earn more than her, you appear more dominant. When you do not have wealth, you have to earn her respect in other ways, which is why she will throw these "compliance tests" at you. Manipulation and mind games come in when she is not sure if she respects you and is trying to decide whether to give you a chance at dating her. Passing the tests earns her respect, tells her that you are genuine and you mean business and you will put her in her place when the situation demands it. Women need to know they have a strong dominant man who will hold her accountable for bad decisions she makes, lay down the law in the house and bring her up on bad behaviour. This is the kind of man she will submit to.

Check out this video for a little guide to "****-testing":

Brother this is so crazy. May I ask.. do women even realise that they’re like this? Is this how women naturally are?? Without them even noticing?

It’s just a shame us men really and truly can’t show our authentic unconditional love for our women without them losing respect for us without all these emotional/psychological rollercoasters, unless like I said, you’re a wealthy man.. and even THEN, her love for you is harnessed from how much you earn and what you can provide.

We just love females for them. Sad story. I can’t even be mad them because it seems like this is how it is even with animals in some similar sense.

I just struggle to buy it when girls/women talk about how they can love a man even if they’re overly nice, or ‘broke’…

I’m waffling now, thank you for your reply. Again my mind was blown
Interesting pov- I've heard most girls complain men only love them for sex.

I think humans are just ****ed in general.
Reply 9
Original post by Napp
People really shouldnt over share when theyre high, never a good idea.

Suffice it to say you should probably change your social circle if all the women you know are manipulators, it hardly being healthy to keep such people close.

No you’re right, it’s not healthy but this is the thing. It’s just a pattern I’ve noticed from so many different girls who I’ve dealt with. You wouldn’t even get to experience this side of a girl until you’ve been with them (in my case) however like I said, not all girls are like this.. it’s just a personal observation I’ve made over the years which I’ve brushed to the back of my mind because I thought i was being silly. But me being high.. brings out these tucked away thoughts lol!

I think I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t think I’ll ever understand the way a woman’s mind works. If anything these, females amaze me when it comes to this topic of “love”
Original post by LeafMeAlonee
Interesting pov- I've heard most girls complain men only love them for sex.

I think humans are just ****ed in general.

It never fails to amaze me when girls say that. As if they don’t like sex themselves? As if having sex with them is some sort of trophy? I get they may feel used but at really and truly this brings me back to my point of, we love females for females. Not their job or their bank or whether they’re “toooo nice” or not. They invented the whole getting the ‘ick’ if a male does something that ‘turns them off’ to the point of no return.

You’re right, humans are finished. I’m waffling again as I think I’m still abit baked from last night lol.
It never fails to amaze me when girls say that. As if they don’t like sex themselves? As if having sex with them is some sort of trophy? I get they may feel used but at really and truly this brings me back to my point of, we love females for females. Not their job or their bank or whether they’re “toooo nice” or not. They invented the whole getting the ‘ick’ if a male does something that ‘turns them off’ to the point of no return.

You’re right, humans are finished. I’m waffling again as I think I’m still abit baked from last night lol.

I think people tend to remember the negative experience they have and inflate those up in their minds.
Those girls feel like men see them as objects. Probably similar to how you think women see you as a 'bank'
I've had quite a number of dodgy guys pursue nothing but sex, but I know they are vastly outnumbered by normal guys.

But ngl, yeah humans are a big, fat mess.
I think people tend to remember the negative experience they have and inflate those up in their minds.
Those girls feel like men see them as objects. Probably similar to how you think women see you as a 'bank'
I've had quite a number of dodgy guys pursue nothing but sex, but I know they are vastly outnumbered by normal guys.

But ngl, yeah humans are a big, fat mess.

Ahh got you, thanks for putting it into perspective.. Wow.

No hope for humans.

~ blunt thoughts.
Ahh got you, thanks for putting it into perspective.. Wow.

No hope for humans.

~ blunt thoughts.

You acc sound stoned lmaooo
You acc sound stoned lmaooo

I had edibles loool way too strong.. I ain’t used to being this high. Im not as bad as I was last night. I was on clouds🤣

Anyways…

Love.

~ Anon.

There is no such thing as unconditional love. Women and men love each other on the conditions that they provide value to them. That could involve resources, good looks, personality etc.

The big issue that some people have is assume that people can or should like/love them without any conditions.
I had edibles loool way too strong.. I ain’t used to being this high. Im not as bad as I was last night. I was on clouds🤣

My guy, take it easy:rofl:
Come back to Earth, its not all that bad down here
Original post by Wired_1800
There is no such thing as unconditional love. Women and men love each other on the conditions that they provide value to them. That could involve resources, good looks, personality etc.

The big issue that some people have is assume that people can or should like/love them without any conditions.

Sigh, I understand what you mean in that sense
My guy, take it easy:rofl:
Come back to Earth, its not all that bad down here

Pray that I land safely loool, I had to fly up into the clouds😂the world overwhelms me
Pray that I land safely loool, I had to fly up into the clouds😂the world overwhelms me

Lol, you'll be fine, it does overwhelm but only if you let it. Stay grounded 👌👍

Quick Reply

Latest