Medic2022
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi
I was wondering if anyone could say how strict the medical schools are on their GCSE requirement? Liverpool wants 9 GCSE. Can this be compensated anyway by UCAT or UCAS scores?
Flxmz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Medical students should have atleast 5 grade 8/9s to be on the EEC (a programme for oxbridge and medicine/ dentistry) applicants. Also I’m on a programme which requires aspiring medicine students to have minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 7 (A). Grade requirements are pretty normal-high to medicine applicants. Goodluck
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Medic2022)
Hi
I was wondering if anyone could say how strict the medical schools are on their GCSE requirement? Liverpool wants 9 GCSE. Can this be compensated anyway by UCAT or UCAS scores?
Check out Liverpool's website, where they discuss their requirements
Medic2022
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Flxmz)
Medical students should have atleast 5 grade 8/9s to be on the EEC (a programme for oxbridge and medicine/ dentistry) applicants. Also I’m on a programme which requires aspiring medicine students to have minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 7 (A). Grade requirements are pretty normal-high to medicine applicants. Goodluck
Thanks! I have 6 x 9s. Some unis are happy with 6 or even 5 as you mentioned. But some want 7, 8 or 9 GCSEs. Some use GCSE scoring (32 max) which is fine (I get 24 out of 32) but meeting their required GCSE subject number of 8 or 9 is the problem!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (236)
57.28%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.86%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11.17%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.74%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.37%

Watched Threads