The Student Room Group

What topic should I choose for my dissertation?

Hi guys

So I have basically just started my third year at university and I study education studies. I will be doing my dissertation this year and I want to choose a topic and write about something which will be interesting as well as easy.

I’m a little nervous because it’s my final year and I really want to do well and get a first. My dissertation is 5000 words so I want to do a topic which I can cover well in this word count.

Is there anyone on here who has studied education and if so what would you recommend? Also any tips/advice for when I start writing my dissertation? I am aiming to get 70 or over for this dissertation so I could do with all the advice possible.

Thanks
Original post by Aliaaah
Hi guys

So I have basically just started my third year at university and I study education studies. I will be doing my dissertation this year and I want to choose a topic and write about something which will be interesting as well as easy.

I’m a little nervous because it’s my final year and I really want to do well and get a first. My dissertation is 5000 words so I want to do a topic which I can cover well in this word count.

Is there anyone on here who has studied education and if so what would you recommend? Also any tips/advice for when I start writing my dissertation? I am aiming to get 70 or over for this dissertation so I could do with all the advice possible.

Thanks

Hello @Aliaaah, hope you are doing well! :smile:

I am a continuing education MA student at Liverpool Hope! I would advise, as you say, to pick a topic that is of interest to you. You can get good ideas from speaking directly to your lecturers, or reviewing topics studied that you have enjoyed & seeing where you could contribute to gaps/ development.

I am currently submitting my dissertation on RSE policies in Secondary Education. This is a topic that I touched on briefly as part of critical curriculum theory and thought it would be a good idea to do extensive work on the topic.

When doing your dissertation, set yourself internal deadlines per chapter. Get a critical friend to read and send feedback which you can then alter & perfect.

Engage with as much literature as you can, throughout!

What topics/interests do you have within education and I can direct you further?

Dylan :u:
Reply 2
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hello @Aliaaah, hope you are doing well! :smile:

I am a continuing education MA student at Liverpool Hope! I would advise, as you say, to pick a topic that is of interest to you. You can get good ideas from speaking directly to your lecturers, or reviewing topics studied that you have enjoyed & seeing where you could contribute to gaps/ development.

I am currently submitting my dissertation on RSE policies in Secondary Education. This is a topic that I touched on briefly as part of critical curriculum theory and thought it would be a good idea to do extensive work on the topic.

When doing your dissertation, set yourself internal deadlines per chapter. Get a critical friend to read and send feedback which you can then alter & perfect.

Engage with as much literature as you can, throughout!

What topics/interests do you have within education and I can direct you further?

Dylan :u:

Hi Dylan

That sounds good. A topic that interests me the most is religion in education. So not being taught about religion properly etc
teamwork

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending