updulladesigner
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Why I changed degree?

Had A LOT of people messaging and commenting recently asking this question!! Originally at the time I felt anxious and almost embarrassed that I was wanting to change degrees. Worried what my family and friends would think after, I’d thought midwifery was all I wanted to do!

However the 6 months of midwifery I did, I unfortunately found wasn’t for me! There were aspects that were absolutely amazing and I’m so pleased I did it, I wouldn’t change how things panned out! However I know it wasn’t a long term career for me, and due to it being the first year of no financial support, I wanted to make sure the degree I was getting would be put to good use and provide me with lots of options. Therefore I decided to do something more broad with more flexibility down the line. For someone who’s quite indecisive or unsure I’m glad I changed. I know down the line if I want to be a midwife, paramedic, children’s nurse etc I have the option to do that in a shorter period than having to repeat the 3 years again.

However, despite changing this by no means is a dig at midwifery as a profession. The wonderful girls in my cohort are now all INCREDIBLE midwives and it’s such a beautiful and important profession! I would just say whatever degree you are considering make sure you have done your research or even better get some experience! However like I did it’s also not that difficult to change once you do start! You have to do what’s best for you at the end of the day ✨🤍

Check more here >> nursinginprogress.com
updulladesigner
Rep:
?
What do you think guys ?
Ohnourlp
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What degree did u change too? Wht u working as now
updulladesigner
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ohnourlp)
What degree did u change too? Wht u working as now
From Midwifery to nursing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (234)
57.35%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (52)
12.75%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.82%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.41%

Watched Threads