Studentoxford18
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me advice. I'm waiting to do my first year of science degree on the 9th of October 2021. After my first year I'm looking at transferring to a university like Reading.
I don't have a levels or any GCSEs. Am I actually able to transfer universities? I've been told you can do credit transfers but I don't know if that's the same as moving your degree to another university. Could anyone clear this up. I've contacted the relevant staff but three people have told me something different.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you don’t have A levels or similar pre-degree qualifications then it’s more likely that a new university would ask you to restart from first year. The only way to find out if you have a non-standard academic record is to apply.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is this an International Foundation (IFP) or a Year 0 designed for UK students?
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Studentoxford18)
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me advice. I'm waiting to do my first year of science degree on the 9th of October 2021. After my first year I'm looking at transferring to a university like Reading.
I don't have a levels or any GCSEs. Am I actually able to transfer universities? I've been told you can do credit transfers but I don't know if that's the same as moving your degree to another university. Could anyone clear this up. I've contacted the relevant staff but three people have told me something different.
Hey there Studentoxford18,

It is fantastic that you would like to come to the University of Reading! it definitely is a great place to be

I'm only a student myself, so I'm unsure of the answers to these questions. I would always suggest contacting Readings admissions team and they will be happy to help!

If you have any questions about student life or the University of Reading in general, please don't hesitate to ask and I will do my very best to answer them for you

Daisy
3rd year politics and international relations student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.35%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
13.79%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.25%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.71%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.81%

Watched Threads