Tiff29
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
At the moment am doing access course foundation but I am progressing on to the two year access course however I think my cautions and condiemtionally discharge may affect I made two silly mistakes and I learnt from them mistakes but come next year I will need to apply for uni but I am scared of rejection ! Anyone advice
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wont the discharge be gone from your record by then (they vanish after 2 years if memory serves) and unless youre doing a course that needs an enhanced dbs it shouldnt be an issue one way or the other. If you keep offending, on the other hand, theres every chance theyll kick you out..
Tiff29
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Wont the discharge be gone from your record by then (they vanish after 2 years if memory serves) and unless youre doing a course that needs an enhanced dbs it shouldnt be an issue one way or the other. If you keep offending, on the other hand, theres every chance theyll kick you out..
I am looking at doing midwifery in like 3 years time
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tiff29)
I am looking at doing midwifery in like 3 years time
You'll have to still declare this on applying and let the university and NMC decide what happens next as best to be honest than they finding out when doing the DBS checks on you. If not serious then you'll be ok.
Due to mature of you wanting to be a midwife / nurse then you best to declare this from the start. Like OP said you have nothing to worry about unless you get anymore by time you apply for the midwifing degree course or nursing.

From a NHS registered midwife who been through it not to long ago.
Tiff29
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tracey_W)
You'll have to still declare this on applying and let the university and NMC decide what happens next as best to be honest than they finding out when doing the DBS checks on you. If not serious then you'll be ok.
Due to mature of you wanting to be a midwife / nurse then you best to declare this from the start. Like OP said you have nothing to worry about unless you get anymore by time you apply for the midwifing degree course or nursing.

From a NHS registered midwife who been through it not to long ago.
Thank you so much at the moment it’s so much pressure on me as I am trying hard to get where I want to be
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tiff29)
Thank you so much at the moment it’s so much pressure on me as I am trying hard to get where I want to be
Hi
You are welcome ok.
Remember don't give up your dream of becoming a nurse / midwife as already said depending on how serious your previous conviction was then you'll be fine.
Try not to let the pressure get to you as won't help you at all.
Only you will know what those convictions was for as don't say what they are ok.
If anything I can answer about the course like then feel free to PM mesaage me ok about it, but I let you decide on this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (124)
86.71%
No (19)
13.29%

Watched Threads